New Milltek A3 1.8T Exhaust

RichA3Turbo

Reaction score
As many of you know, i was at Milltek yesterday having a new system for the A3 1.8T installed. It is basically the same as the current system that is available for the A3 (which in actual fact is a MkIV Golf exhaust) But the tailpipes sit below the bumper which means you dont have to cut a hole in the bumper.

Firstly, i would like to say that Liam at milltek spent 5 hours SOLID working on it until is was perfect, and it is! Top bloke!

I wasnt sure how it was going to look being below the bumper, but i have to say that it looks many times better than i thought it would.

When they finished installing it, we took it for a test drive around the local roads, and the first thing you noticed was that it sounded gorgeous. Under full throttle you can really tell it has an aftermarket exhaust on; Really deep tone that makes the 1.8T sound more like a 6 cylinder which is fantastic! Eventually the 1.8T gets soul!!
It is NOT over the top at all.. just sound gorgeous /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif
But when your just cruising along on the motorway or whatever, you wouldnt even know there was an exhaust there! All you can hear is a VERY quiet deep tone, but only just audible.. another * for it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As we took it about, i couldnt really feel any performance difference, but then again i wasnt really expecting anything, so i wasnt disappointed... Bit later on when i got home (after driving 150odd miles with it on), i went our for a blast around the local roads, and suddenly i became aware that the car felt different... a slight increase in pull, but mainly, it pulls for longer than it used to. Doesnt run out of puff! Fantastic!

Another excellent thing is that there is abolutely no knocking/hitting of anything which is great cos that would have really p1ssed me off! No more irritating noise than the exhaust smacking the underside of the car!

As most know, as things heat up, they expand.. and the good thing is, that when the exhaust is cold, the tailpipes come up close the the bumper and in towards the car, but when it has warmed up, it moves down and out which gives is more clearance between the tailpipes and bumper. Which is good for 2 reason:
1) Wont hit the bumper on big bumps in the road
2)Wont melt the bumper when its hot (cos damn does that thing get hot!!)

After now doing about 200miles with it on the car, i am VERY pleased with the job done and spending the very little £££ i did on the milltek. A top class company and even higher level of service! Simply fantastic!

I will post some pics up later when i get home for you all to see. Car looks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif now with RS6's and exhaust.. given it a new lease of life!

Cheers

Rich

Forgot to say, my car is now the only Audi A3 worldwide to have a system designed for it by Milltek /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

(for now anyway!)

Have to agree phill,dave and liam sorted my S3 system when it would not seal and only 3 miles from my house.top service from a decent company who care about their reputation, also my exhaust has never interfered or banged against the bodywork. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

If you don't mind me asking Rich, how much did this cost? (Or how much would this cost to the normal consumer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif) Sounds inetersting, and very tempting!

As you say, you have yours fitted underneath the bumper, just wanted to ask whether they are able to fit it inside the bumper cutting the hole out also, or is it specially designed to sit underneath?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Neal

[ QUOTE ]
Neal_A3T said:
If you don't mind me asking Rich, how much did this cost? (Or how much would this cost to the normal consumer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif) Sounds inetersting, and very tempting!

As you say, you have yours fitted underneath the bumper, just wanted to ask whether they are able to fit it inside the bumper cutting the hole out also, or is it specially designed to sit underneath?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Neal

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Neal,

To the consumer, it will csot £266.70+vat +fitting.

The one they designed on my car is specifically for the A3, and it meant so that you dont have to hack away at the bodywork for it to fit. The current system that is used on the A3 is actually a golf 1.8T system which on the golf is used with the V6 4motion rear valence which has the cutout in the correct place already.

Just do it! definately worth it (for the sound if nothing else!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

Rich

Right,

Here are a couple of pics. As always, pictures do NO justice!

milltek1.jpg
milltek2.jpg

Excuse the state of it! The roads were terrible yesterday... back end of the car is almost crispy with road crap!

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
Imola S3 said:
Check the cheeky b*****d with the S3 badge!

[/ QUOTE ]

Its only the Audi 'Sport' badge.. not S3, so not TOO cheeky! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]
'Advertising Post Whore' and a comedian! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif