Aerial Plug Removal Help

Red Robin

Reaction score
I am trying to remove the aerial to change the base seal and cannot get the plug pulled apart! How does this separate? Does the ribbed piece pull from the adjacent black part or does all the black part come off the silver piece on the large cable? Do the two small clips need to be pushed in to get the plug opened?

Help would be much appreciated.

Hi,

I replaced mine this afternoon after having a similar dilemma as you.

I found that they seperate at the ariel base end of where the connectors join rather than the loom end. I dunno if that helps, but they do just pull apart without too much force.

Hope this helps,

ICE

Thanks ICE, Was it just the small metal cylinder which pulled out of the black piece?

This is the ariel base end of my old ariel. I pulled on the black plastic (there might be an arrow on it pointing in the direction you should pull it) and it came apart will elative ease.

Hope this helps. If not, not sure what else I can say.

ICE

Thanks Ice, I've now completed the job. Took a pair of pliers to yank the plug out and found that one of the side catches was damaged and holding tight in the socket. Straightened it up and now it all works a treat. Your picture helped sort it out.