hi everyone! new to the forum so just a few quick Q's!

a3t_djm

Half Asleep!
Reaction score
hello my names dave and im about to pick up my A3 1.8T in the morning prior to sellling my beloved Lupo GTI,

got a few Q's i hope u can answer,

1. are all 1.8 turbo A3's 4 wheel drive (quattro)??

2. would like a dumpvalve tht makes some kind of noise lol (im not a chav just this is my first turbo so gotta be done :p) where can i get one? and what make/model is generally the best?

well thts generally it thanks in advance!

dave.

Welcome.

No just the 1.8T 180 Quattro.

1.8T's don't reallt respond well to atmospherice Dump Valve as they rely on the air been recirculated back into the system. You can get a similar noise with a recirculating valve and a cold air induction kit or filter. Forge 007P and Splitter seem to be the fav's. I'll PM you with a bit more info on them.

Damian @ DPM

Hello and welcome to Audi ownership.
Answer to your questions:
1 - No.
2 - In my opinion don't bother. Chav like and do nothing for the engine. In some cases they can have an adverse effect.

No doubt others will offer different opinions

Nik.

a3t_djm said:
hello my names dave and im about to pick up my A3 1.8T in the morning prior to sellling my beloved Lupo GTI,

got a few Q's i hope u can answer,

1. are all 1.8 turbo A3's 4 wheel drive (quattro)??

2. would like a dumpvalve tht makes some kind of noise lol (im not a chav just this is my first turbo so gotta be done :p) where can i get one? and what make/model is generally the best?

well thts generally it thnaks in advance!

dave.

well thats the DV sorted then thanks to damien @ dpm top bloke!

how about this then thinkin of ordering 18x8 keskin kt5 for the front as same but 18x8.5 for the rear et30 how would these fare?

ta. dave! :D

a3t_djm said:
well thats the DV sorted then thanks to damien @ dpm top bloke!

how about this then thinkin of ordering 18x8 keskin kt5 for the front as same but 18x8.5 for the rear et30 how would these fare?

ta. dave! :D

keskin-kt5-gr.jpg

They are a bit bling in my opinion, go for a set with black centres. :cool:

yup i planned to go for the black centres anyway, i have a set of 18x9 & 18x8.5 schmidt th line sitting in a vw 4x100 fitment for summer use just need some adapters, so the keskins will do for winter/non-show use for now either tht or will have to flog the schmidts lol

01062006169.jpg