Badger5AH Fabrications
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Destroyed by an Astra VXR

6th Gear

Status
    To be fair I have a couple of friends with Astra VXR's and the engine is pretty damn good from the factory and can be made exceptional with tweeks. However, their biggest chink to their armour is the chassis is frankly poo. Whenever I have a tussle with one I get nailed on the straights and shove them through the twisty stuff.

Even if it was the best car ever and the motoring press reigned praise upon it being a Vauxhall I would rather push a rusty engineless Lada than drive one. I have actually walked rather than drive a Corsa C before now.

Life begins at 140mph
    Sell my Audi??? Kiss my rings!
    www.passionford.com

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    Haha I like that. I don't get ahead of myself, I always say to myself it's only a Vauxhall. By choice id be driving a mk5 golf r32 with dsg box but my insurance is sky high so I went for a vxr coz it's up in the years, push button and keyless entry(which is a nice touch to be fair) and something with low miles for fair money, u can get a mk5 gti on a 09 plate for what I paid but it's just a lil bit too plain for my liking, the vxr gets a few looks and sounds lovely

6th Gear

Status
    Different strokes for different folks mate, it's not a dig. One of my mates loves his sodding Prius, one mans poop is another mans gold, doesn't make anyone of us more right than the next
    Westy, s3dave, superkarl and 3 others like this.

Life begins at 140mph
    Sell my Audi??? Kiss my rings!
    www.passionford.com

5th Gear

Status
    I must say im not a fan of most Vauxhalls but the vxr astra does look nice and has a nice sound
    Still a vaux tho!!

Another S3 owner....

Status
    is it just me, but I think it's a bit of an ugly car - front & back.
    02 plate - 2002 - 225bhp - S3 - Ming Blue - completely standard - nuff said, OK there's a centre armrest, sunroof, BOSE speakers & black leather recaros, oh and the non OE chrome pack !

5th Gear

Status
    Na fronts ok back looks high. Maybe they wanted that raked look

1st Gear

Status
    Being an ex owner id say that theyre quick cars, some simple mods exhaust/cooler/remap and youd be looking around 300bhp, straight line there pretty quick even in standard form. As stated above though different tastes for different people.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rodenal View Post
    An S3 has no chance against a VXR astra, or a corsa VXR for that matter.

As said remap will help but i wouldnt be holding out hopes of winning even with one
    Talk for yourself mate My car hasn't lost too a Vxr or a focus st!!! As stated everything on there car is new and mine lol
    Audi s3 8l 2003 silver,brembo brakes,custom front mount intercooler,forged rods,acl race bearings,3inch tip,forge 007p green spring 1 shim,5mm hubcentric spacers,pipewerx 3inch down pipe/200cell race cat,2.75 miltek back non resonated,new piston rings,n249delete,pcv venting too atmosphere,neuspeed quick shifter,uprated clutch/pressure plate...large port agu head,inline fuel pump

work left/relentless v3 manifold/wmi/blue haldex/antilag/launch controll/custom map!!!!!

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    A lot depends on how its being driven.

Its tempting on the motorway to simply plant it in 5th or 6th gear, when infact you should be in 3rd.

If you have two evenly matched cars, and one of you leaves it in 5th or 6th and the other downshifts to third, the person driving properly is going to easily pull away.

I've "beat" or held my own against more powerful cars quite a few times just by driving properly.

Its one of the reasons folk rave about diesels being quick. In reality they arent, but the power they do have is much more easily accessed as its further down the revs, so being lazy and simply mashing your foot down gives you much better end results in a diesel than it does in a petrol car.
    Westy and Goubo1 like this.

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build

6th gear @7000rpm

Status
    Spot on aragorn!! There are times where I've played with some cars that are quick, but by being in the right gear, you'll stand a good chance! Not lost to anything since my badger treatment
    Westy and sssline like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    its either mapped or broken...

5th Gear

Status
    Ill play with any of em now my car is finally mapped and sorted problem free
    350bhp & 316ftlb BBT new k16 7+7 blade hybrid turbo, Welly cooler, jetex filter, relentless ported v3 manifold 3" downpipe & de-cat, liquid gauge, r32 rear arb, AGU ported and polished Head, 550cc injectors, kw v2 Coilovers, s3dave tie bars & heat sheild, milltek cat back, I.E forged rods, brembos, inline fuel pump, v3 badger 5 tip, devils own WMI kit, AGU pistons, rear grooved discs & brembo pads, ds2500 pads & EBC ultimax disc, stack boost gauge

1st Gear

Status
    Do people still get hung up on this sort of thing....
    2001 Seat Leon Cupra. 291bhp 13.4 1/4 mile @ 108mph.

Click the picture below for my build thread.

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiebennett81 View Post
    Do people still get hung up on this sort of thing....
    Of course, who doesnt like the odd duel?? and the storys of them,,,
    Westy likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3dave View Post
    Of course, who doesnt like the odd duel?? and the storys of them,,,
    just get over it I say
    2001 Seat Leon Cupra. 291bhp 13.4 1/4 mile @ 108mph.

Click the picture below for my build thread.

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Good for you..

1st Gear

Status
    Hands up if you'd rather be driving the S3. I don't even need to be driving it tbh, sometimes I just go to the window to look at it, or turn it over to listen to it. There are many cars that are faster, and many drivers that are better than I, ultimately for me it comes down to the quality of the drive which in my humble opinion vauxhall cannot deliver. I don't want to break the land speed record in my car, but hell it's fast cross country and an absolute pleasure to drive slow and fast and has unparalleled reliability. What more could I ask for? Not trying to fuel the fire
    [Dave B], jojo, The Doctor and 1 others like this.

5th Gear

Status
    jojo, sssline, Artimus and 1 others like this.

Neutral

Status
    most vxr owners are a set of ****s who think there cars are the fastest thing since sliced bread - **** gearboxes although there good in a straight line

Neutral

Status
    I reckon my audi wud have a vxr :-P. I used to have a stripped out 306 rallye running just short of 200bhp and that used to wipe them for fun haha

2nd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow JoeeS3 On Twitter Visit JoeeS3's Instagram Channel
    the vxr's are quick in a straight line. i came up against a nurburgring corsa the other day and it was pretty quick. i have a revo stage 2. but he wasnt far behind. buuut a few of my friends who have focus st's, integra dc5, 330i's had a little drive of my car and said its one of the nicest cars they have driven. this just proves that audi's are well built and are great to drive even if theyre not the quickest cars. thats my input anyway
    sssline likes this.
    i'm not a genius...i'm a learner

Princess Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Kef9 View Post
    About a year ago when I was looking at what car I should buy I looked at the VXR along with aload of other cars. After driving a saxo vts (one hell of a car, loads of fun, but if I crashed I would die!) in the wet and wheelspinning to **** with only 120 bhp I definitly decided that I needed 4WD and that was the priority. A front wheel drive car with 240 bhp is only good in a straight line (motorway) and in the dry. Once you have to turn your ****ed and if it rains, forget it! and considering we live in britain that is the usual scenario. I like to enjoy driving my car and not struggling with the sterring wheel or slipping off an A road into a tree. More than anything I wanted 4WD for safety reasons.

Anyway that left me with 3 choices, R32, S3 and scooby, obviously the rest is history with the S3 being the complete package in every way. An Audi will always be better than a vauxhall and the interior quality is a mile apart even though the S3 is the older car.

End of rant.
    What is wrong with you? Are you unable to drive? Does your foot not work in a linear fashion?
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

4th Gear

Status
    I absolutely destroyed an astra vxr the other day, proper handed him his ass on a plate. Just sayin.
    Badger 5 tuned 340 bhp / 350 lbft sleeper

1st Gear

Status
    If I was broke and 17 years old I would have bought a vauxhall. Each to their own, the audi has class and finesse, qualities that aren't important to some. Anyone can make a car hit 60mph in under 6s, it's how you get there that matters.

4th Gear

Status
    I'd top myself if that took 6 seconds

Sorry I'm bored in work tonight
    Badger 5 tuned 340 bhp / 350 lbft sleeper

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123