audi a3 1.6 2000 speedo not working

ity768

Reaction score
PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!

hi, my speedometer and oddometer have stopped working i thought it would be something simple like a fuse or something but it isnt please can anybody help id be very thankful if you could..everything else on the dash is working fine,,

thank you very much for looking

do you have access to vag com?

maybe get somebody to scan for codes for you, should be able to get an idea of what is wrong.

i did, no faults came up they said it might be the whole instrument panel that may need replaceing. i'l jst have to do that

Gulp.... sounds expensive.

Can you get someone to go in the car with you and monitor the vehicle speed via VAG-COM at least you will know is its the actual clocks or the speed sensor (which I belive is on the wheel on an 8L but I may be wrong).

ity768 said:
PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!

hi, my speedometer and oddometer have stopped working i thought it would be something simple like a fuse or something but it isnt please can anybody help id be very thankful if you could..everything else on the dash is working fine,,

thank you very much for looking

apparantly its a relativly common failure. mine also doesn't work, not only the speedometer and tachometer, but my fuel gauge and some other things also do not work.

being in the us, it nearly impossible for me to find a replacement part, but i have found a local place that can repair it "supposedly".