Newbie Questions

Crazypete00

Reaction score
Hi,

Im recently bought a bargin of a S3 and have a few questions......

Just popped down the local Halfrauds looking for a haynes manual, they do the A3 but it doesnt cover the S3, can you get one for the S3? if so where?

Second Question. Car has just had a custom map by jabba and ive now noticed that the intake pipe gets sucked inward (if that makes sense). so looking at getting a samco/forge/apr pipe on awsome GTi but there are a few different ones for different engines. can some one point out the right one for me, my car is a X reg (facelift) 2001. i think it may have the 210 bhp engine but not sure. i was thinking of getting the apr one because it comes with all the clamps. Also fitting instructions would be a huge help.

Third question. When i close the drivers door the trip comp still says its open and the interior lights stay on, some times the lights go off and come back on then go off again....
any ideas?

Forth question. I have the concert head unit (tape player one) climate control and the little CD drawer, am i able to retro fit the double din sat nav but keep the climate control? if so has anyone got step by step instructions, im sure i found some a few days back on here, but cant for the life of me find it again.

Last question i promise.
The haldex 4wd could do with a change of oil, and filter as i dont think it has ever been done. Wheres the best place to get the filter from and can anyone recommend an oil for it? a link would be much appriciated.

Question 1, buy the workshop repair manual of ebay there not expensive and will have all the information you will need.

Question 2. I believe the forge item is popular and if you call Awesome they'll be able to tell you what you need to know

Question 3, propbably a sensor, do a search i think its a common fault

Question 4, im not sure if you can use the origanal climate control panel, it would need modifing to fit, best bet would be to call up breakers yards and see if they have any.

Question 5, just go to the dealers, the parts wont be expensive and you'll be getting the right stuff. Jabba sport will do the oil and filter for £60