new lad with 1 question!

mattm

BLACK EDITION
Reaction score
Hey everyone :icon_thumright: just bought my first audi after being a VW golf man.

Very very pleased with the 1.8 t sport, 1998 reg - only thing im looking for is right now is a remap.

QUESTION is rust warranties, ive read a few threads about it and not really come to any conclusions about who has got work done under it.

Upon getting the A3 home, i noticed rust along the roof gutter lines. Doesnt look to hard to put right but where do i stand warranty wise? Its a 1 owner, and purchased from a garage - does the 12 year warranty get transfered onto me? if so ill be nipping into audi to see tomorrow to see.

Also how many people have actually had this work done?

Thanks

Quite a few people have got this work done by audi dealers at no cost, the 12 year warranty stays with the car so it's not a problem.

Best bet would be to take it to your local dealer and get it checked by their bodyshop, they should take paint readings (to see if it's been resprayed in the past) and then submit a claim to audi uk, if that comes back ok the work gets done. If you do a search in this forum there are quite a few posts on the subject which have pics on them to give you an idea of what has been covered by audi before

and welcome to the forum btw :)

No worries. As it seems to be affecting a lot of people, perhaps we should try to get a complete list and get it in the stickies at the top???

Sounds good to me, i'll report what I find out tomorrow at WARRINGTON audi - ive heard bad things but ill try!

Just don't get fobbed off. Service history is irrelevant, as is whether the car is an import or not.

Main thing is that the paintwork is original and that the problem is occuring from within i.e. the paint isn't broken.

Mine has been in at Camberley Audi for 2 weeks now. Kind of getting used to the VW Fox they've given me

lol

well mine has full service history all stamped by AUDI/VW and is all original paint so ill be talking to a manager if it comes to it!