WHAT SHOULD YOU GET FROM A FULL TANK OF PETROL??

grays3

Reaction score
HI ALL IM NEW TO THIS AND HAVE JUST BOUGHT A 51 PLATE S3!
I FILLED IT UP LAST WEEK AND ON THE CLOCK IT SAID IT WOULD DO 325 MILES BUT I HAVE ONLY GOT 247 MILES OUT OF THE TANK IS THAT ABOUT RIGHT??? BECAUSE THAT SEEMS VERY BAD TO ME?
I MUST ADMIT I DO LOTS OF SMALL TRIPS BUT I HAVE NOT BEEN DRIVING THE CAR HARD.
CAN ANYONE HELP?????...........

THANKS ALL

Yeah thats about right i think, thats about what i get anyway!!

lol! i have just had it mapped by custom code its alot more fun now! it goes very well indeed! so il see what the fuel does now!

grays3 said:
lol! i have just had it mapped by custom code its alot more fun now! it goes very well indeed! so il see what the fuel does now!

in 23 mins?

NO IT WAS DONE THIS MORNING AND TOOK AN HOUR!

Yer it does all depend on how you drive and if its stop and start town to motorways.
Normal every day with a bit of a thrash i get about 300. Motorway driving i get 500-550 cruising at 70-75, but dont do motorway driving that much now as a have bought a cheap diesel for the 2000 miles per month for work commuting.

I got 249miles out of my last tank of V-Power, and that included 2X15 minute sessions out on the track at CastleCoombe, still averaged 22mpg which isn't bad. :)
I was trying to work out the mpg for track time, so if I averaged 27mpg on the motorway there and back, I was doing 11mpg out on the track. :racer:

dis shows 28.5 mpg but when I work it out its not that high, normally get 300 to a tank, used to get 340 with the 17`s on and no remap but I think I used to drive a bit slower also.

grays3 said:

Glad to hear that a few other people are suffering from low MPG! :sorry: 22MPG sounds good, lucky you! :crying:

Best i have had was 400+ miles on the french autoroute with cruise set at gps 83mph!

\i find in cruise motorway driving mine is considerably better now with the \IHI turbo on compared to even the stock unmapped k04. I think its the better breathing and lower restrictions that do it.

But on track its less than 6mpg on full boost! !! !

simch said:
Best i have had was 400+ miles on the french autoroute with cruise set at gps 83mph!

\i find in cruise motorway driving mine is considerably better now with the \IHI turbo on compared to even the stock unmapped k04. I think its the better breathing and lower restrictions that do it.

But on track its less than 6mpg on full boost! !! !

Don't forget your DIS won't read correct if you've put bigger injector in there.

steebo888 said:
Yer it does all depend on how you drive and if its stop and start town to motorways.
Normal every day with a bit of a thrash i get about 300. Motorway driving i get 500-550 cruising at 70-75, but dont do motorway driving that much now as a have bought a cheap diesel for the 2000 miles per month for work commuting.

I've just bought my first S3, filled the tank for this week in work.

I do a 70 mile round trip with 68 of them mile being all motorway, if im getting 400 to a tank then i'll be :icon_thumright: but if I was hitting 500 then :hubbahubba:

WHAT SHOULD YOU GET FROM A FULL TANK OF PETROL??

well these days, an empty wallet!

I get a weeks worth of driving for £55. DIS says anywhere between 26-28. does the DIS take into account stop & starting of the engine?

yeah my s3 drinks petrol i use shell v power (or what ever its called) and i get about 24MPG. but when i boot it, its about 7MPG

T11OM F said:
I get just over 100miles to £20 of fuel...

How much is it to a full tank?

£55 is the norm for myself, I'm sure £60 is possible if you was to drive for like 20 miles with the fuel light on....

I get 500 miles out of a full tank, although a full tank is 80 quid.
I get 35mpg and I have nearly 500nm of torque...:whistle2:

i got 390 miles from a tank when i took it to alton towers not so long ago! with the big turbo etc! and i was giving it some!

edward_harris said:
i got 390 miles from a tank when i took it to alton towers not so long ago! with the big turbo etc! and i was giving it some!
how???????????dri?????? mate i havent been driving the car hard! as iv only just got it! i cant believe some of the figures some people are getting! cant see how you can get 500 miles to a tank what are they doing driving it at 10 miles an hour everywhere!!!

I only ever put 35 squids worth in mine, bout half a tank. Usually get between 150 and 200 miles from it.

i'd say about £55 of fuel...will get 220-260 miles and thats on bp ultimate...i normally use shell v-power but have not taken note on the miles.

ChriS3 said:
Don't forget your DIS won't read correct if you've put bigger injector in there.
No, but the mileometer does......!?!? Did 1900 miles from home to Friborg, Italy and back on less than 5 tanks, door to door! ON cruise the BT's do very well.

Tesco's super unleaded can run me to a happy 380miles I think 400ish is achievable however I can empty a tank in less than 200 miles depends on how and where you drive,

D

AFTER STEPPING UP FROM A 1.25 ZETEC FIESTA AND SPENDING A AVERAGE 10 QUID A WEEK ON FUEL....MY S3 NOW TAKES 25 QUID A WEEK ITS HEART BREAKING BUT ****** GOOD FUN:)

I'm heading for over 500 miles from this tank of reg unleaded:w00t: Just past 250 miles and still got a tad over 1/2 and tank. Is just an experimental tank to see whats possible and I think I'm going to see at least 525 miles.

Well an S3 tank is 62 litres so 62 x 103.9 (V-power) = £64.42 ouch