As posted in General Chat - University CAD Project - 1 x Coilover needed!

CLS3

Every penny goes on the Audi!!
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am in my second year doing a BSc (Hons) in Motorsport Technology at Oxford Brookes University. I am doing a module of Computer Aided Design using Solid Works 2007.
For my main project I have to sketch, dimension and generate 2D and a 3D CAD design of anything that can be animated and which I can present to my coursemates and lecturer.
I have chosen to do a coilover suspension strut.

Now my dilemma, I need one coilover, just a single one, any make model etc, to be able to measure and sketch the different parts that make it up.

I know it is probably a long shot but if someone by any chance has a coilover that they can lend me or that I can buy from them it would help me out a lot. Needed ASAP really.

Any help would be brilliant.

Thanks a lot Chris:icon_thumright:

would it not be easier to pop along to a salvage yard? I'm sure they will have lots there to pick and choose from shape and size/quality etc. be much quicker to get hold of one I'm sure. :)

good luck with the project!

Yeah , i don't have one either good luck though.. For my second year CAD module we have to design a motorized folding roof for a soft top car.. :( and i hate pro engineer.