Slow leak - alloy seal ??

roydonaldson

Reaction score
Hi there,

I've got a slow leak in my front 2 S3 tyres. Loosing about 5/6 PSI a week. I've had the tyres looked at in the local Kwik-Fit and they can see bubbles coming off of the rim where the tyre joins the wheel.

They've suggested I need to get my alloys refurb'd (?), but this is on the inside of the wheel and in the rim.

Anyone have an idea what I need to do to fix this ? I've never had this type of leak in a tyre before.

Thanks,
Roy.

I've had leaky tyres sealed.
Go to agood tyre rtailer and ask if they can take the tyres off the rims and refit, they can paint a ssealer on the rim where the tyre bead sits:icon_thumright:

I have the same problem on my Focus and never solved the problem, had the tires taken off and re-sealed! They also mentioned getting the wheel refurbed, but seems costly exercise. Still the problem continues, just have a tire pump in the car! :(

I guess I should look at getting it sorted! :sorry:

Lets hope some more information comes to light!

i had this on one of my front tires, took it to my local tire place and they said it was due to the paint oxidising. they sanded the inside of the rim back to the metal and repainted it so the beed sealed...worked fine for me and no leaks still...that was about 6 month ago..cost 15 quid.

Agreed, the seal is on the beading, a good power wire brushing and sanding should remove loose/flaky paint enough to seal. Sounds like they're not putting enough effort into the job (or cant be bothered?)...