Weekend DIY

jesters3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Arvo,

Thought I would share my weekend jobs. I'm a novice when it comes to ' car mechanic stuff' so was pleased that I managed to do them all. Those thinking of doing any of these just do them as they are quite easy and straightforward to do, thought not all are useful....

1. Fix rear washer jet

Cost: £22
Time: 45 mins
Usefullness: 9/10 - I can see!
Ease of fix: 8/10 - very straightforward to do

2. Fit new rear mudguards

Cost: £33
Time: 30 mins
Usefullness: ?/10 - waiting to try them out with some wet weather
Ease of fit: 7/10 - jacking up and removing the wheels was the worst it got

3. Fit new Samco Upper Hoses

Cost: £150
Time: 30 mins
Usefullness: ?/10 - will have to wait to get the other one fitted
Ease of fit: 5/10 - only done one hose, tried wrong size clip to start with, cut my hand and dropped the screwdriver

4. Fit new MAF

Cost: £100
Time: 10 mins
Usefullness: 8/10 - definitley a marked improvement and the lumpy idle has gone.
Ease of fit: 7/10 - removing air box was the ******

5. Fit new rear aero wiper

Cost: £15
Time: 5 mins
Usefullness: 6/10 - Have to say that the clearing properties are excellent compared to the old one and looks remarkably better
Ease of fit: 9/10 - spary some WD40 to loosen

6. Fit TT Pedals (a, b and c)

Cost: £30
Time: 60-90 mins!!!!
Usefullness: 4/10 - Do look better and a bit more bling!
Ease of fit: 3/10 - nearly left it as metal pedals as I got so ****** off. Removal of old ones very easy. Brake is straightforward over the top as is the Accelerator, but the clutch one got me. You have to reshape/bend/pull/swear/kill it to get it on correctly!

7. Fit new Filters (Air and Pollen)

Cost: £20
Time: 15 mins
Usefullness: 6/10 - time will tell as I intend to change every 10k but does help as heard inside and with the new TIP that was fitted.
Ease of fit: 6/10 - The pollen one can be a bit of a ****** to get in and out. The air filter is very straight forward just refitting the lid took the most time.

Like jester,

Just Pm'd you mate, a couple of moments of your time please..

Cheers

what was wrong with the jet wash? how did you fix it?

Mine has thaa problem near the rear inner arch

6. Fit TT Pedals (a, b and c)

Cost: £30
Time: 60-90 mins!!!!
Usefullness: 4/10 - Do look better and a bit more bling!
Ease of fit: 3/10 - nearly left it as metal pedals as I got so ****** off. Removal of old ones very easy. Brake is straightforward over the top as is the Accelerator, but the clutch one got me. You have to reshape/bend/pull/swear/kill it to get it on correctly!

lol I think mine took 5-10 mins including getting the car out of the garage lol was told they can be a ****** but mine went on a treat you just need to show them who`s boss

Clach; no worries PM sent

Aky; Only removed the top half, it seemed a lot easier to get both screws out rather than leaving it as is.

Abdus; Fixed the rear wiper jet as per this thread

Fingermouse; True the first two took about 10 mins but the clutch one......jesus did i lose it!!!