Wing Mirror Glass

recomdos

Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Hi all,

Apologies for the post as I know this has been covered before, just couldn't quite find where!

I need to replace a driver side wing mirror - just the glass, as the little clips that lock it into position have slackened and it's wobbling. It's an A3 1.8T, with the heated element. Any rough ideas on cost?

Thanks very much :D

I seem to remember its about £20 and that was from Audi

I need a driver's side too as the heated element doesn't work and it annos me in the morning sometimes. do i really need to buy a new one or am i just being a fussy idiot, like when i changed my perfectly adequate wipers for genuine aero ones..... :)

It is about £27. Jon I done the same thing and swapped glass because the heater element didnt work, the old ones burn out apparantly because they are on all the time where as the new ones switch on under a certain temp, extremeley useful in the cold, nothing like letting the car warm up and the mirrors smoking as you wait :icon_thumright:

you may have just persuaded me to buy a new one....oh dear...

Thanks for the replies fellas.

My blue peter style little bits of masking tape are holding her nicely (it would probably be OK without, though don't want to run the risk until I can fit some time in to get to the dealer). Just don't have any time at the mo!!!! :S

Cheers :)