Damn, this car is great in the ice

Stormcatcher

Reaction score
This is the best car to drive in the ice. Got stuck in the snow yesterday and while other cars could not even get up a hill let alone down one, the S3 just moves along.

I actually had to get down and push other cars to keep the road clear to continue.

You should have been on Edgware road, Colindale yesterday. It actually took 30 mins just to turn into that road from a side road and then got stranded there and on A406 on my way home from getting the car door handle repaired!! Total journey time for a 20 mile ride - 3.5 hours!!! I know what you mean about the S3 traction though, I wish I had me some Quattro action! You wouldn't believe the idiots on the roads slamming on their brakes then wonder why the car keeps sliding!! Went past about 8 accidents on the way home - the most frightening experience being a bus lose grip and slide down a hill with everyone mounting the kerb to get out of its way!!

Anyway.........like you said..........its fun driving in the ICE!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Wasn't so much fun in the A3T here in Holland, wide tyres and a bit of front wheel power not so good! Felt like a bit of a T#T actually as I set off from a set of traffic lights extremely slowly and still just went straight instead of going left as I should of been, and the Corsa behind me just whipped round me.......! Gently bounced off of Kerb at about 3 Kph! to bring me back on line!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
S3 Moff said:
The S3 is great for driving straight in ice, just don't try and stop or turn /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Definately agree there mate.. its ok if theres nothing coming in the other direction and you can give it a little blip of the throttle to get the **** end out but get it wrong and HELLO KERB GOODBYE RSTT's. I'm going to get some cheesy wheels for next winter me thinks. Too many close calls in the last couple of weeks.