EBC Brakes

luis.filipe

Reaction score
Hi,

I'll need to replace the front discs and pads of my 1.8T.

I saw the EBC brake discs "EBC Turbo Groove" and green stuf pads.

What do you think of this set up ?

Since I want to keep the same dimensions as stock, is there other setup that might be better than this one ?

I'll keep the same dimension as stock.

Regards

Luis

they arent worth the extra tbh

I putgreen stuff pads and grooved discs on the front of mine - they squealed like mad for about 5-6000 miles, and i quite honestly cant tell the difference between them and the standard discs/pads.

I tried them on my 1.8T, they were soon changed for a GT Junior kit.

luis.filipe said:
Hi,

I'll need to replace the front discs and pads of my 1.8T.

I saw the EBC brake discs "EBC Turbo Groove" and green stuf pads.

What do you think of this set up ?

Since I want to keep the same dimensions as stock, is there other setup that might be better than this one ?

I'll keep the same dimension as stock.

Regards

Luis

been there on my old ibiza -don't bother - 0stick with OEM pads and decent aftermarket disks
i.e zimmerman

Hi,

"I'm not a fan of EBC stuff having had a bad experience on the Ibiza."

From what stuff ? The discs or the pads ?

Regards

Luis

i had some EBC disc's and Redstuff pads on my S3 and the disc's warped really badly so wouldn't recommend them

Sadly, ebc stuff is thought of as great by most people at first, until a little more research tends to show that they really arnt great at all.

Ive not tried ebc stuff on the audi, but on my mini, green stuffs were *****.

***** from cold, awesome when warm, then overheated too fast and went **** again.

not impressed, changd to standard cheapy motor factor pads and got 100% more confident in reliable braking.

Prawn said:
Sadly, ebc stuff is thought of as great by most people at first, until a little more research tends to show that they really arnt great at all.

Ive not tried ebc stuff on the audi, but on my mini, green stuffs were *****.

***** from cold, awesome when warm, then overheated too fast and went **** again.

not impressed, changd to standard cheapy motor factor pads and got 100% more confident in reliable braking.

About the pads I understood, now how about the discs ?

I would like something better than the OEM I have a problem with my discs and that's why I have to change them!

I don't want to increase the size, the stock 288x25 is fine for now!

Any tips regarding the discs ? Other user already said zimmerman, any other options that I might look at ?

Regards

Luis

luis.filipe said:
Hi,

"I'm not a fan of EBC stuff having had a bad experience on the Ibiza."

From what stuff ? The discs or the pads ?

Regards

Luis

Sorry, my original post was a bit criptic.

I had EBC yellow stuff pads and disks on my Ibiza which, according to the blurb from EBC themselves were specially designed for hot hatches and track days, and had won awards. I got less than 2 track days from the pads and not much more from the discs before they warped.

Whole lot in the bin and replaced with some standard motor factor grooved discs and Ferrodo DS2500 pads. That was 18 months and about 10 track days ago and everything still going strong.

I have Tarox discs and Green Stuff pads and the pads are crap for any sort of fast driving with lots of braking

Got some Tarox pads to put on and see, belive thier alot more bitey

My experience is similar with EBC of late...

I'd suggest Black Diamond grooved discs (grooved only) as they work well, aren't prone to warping which suggests decent metal used and they are reasonable.

Also, try Ferodo DS2500 pads...they seem to the the best around at the moment.

Hi,

thanks for the answers already got a quote for the discs, asked for the combi, and asked again for the grooved only.

For the Black Diamond combi the quote is £138 including VAT.

I'm waiting for the price to the grooved only.

Another option that I saw today were the Brembo Sport discs, are they
a good option ?

Regarding the GT kit from brembo, will they fit on 16inch weel ?

Im having this problem with my S3 too. Cant afford to go for the Brembo kit just now so looking to get decent standard size discs and pads. I saw on Ebay EBC have a new disc out (assuming its new coz ive not heard it mentioned before) that is just dimpled looks like the ones WRC cars use. Cant remember the name of it. Thought about these and a good set of Ferodo pads. Never done a track day but do enjoy "spirited" back road driving

EBC Ultimax Sport Slotted discs are the beasts im talking about. Approx £100 notes each if you buy online. Anyone have any experience with these?

Hi
I have never been a fan of EBC either :( sorry
But we do Tarox or ZeroSixty`s that could possibly be what you are looking for
Tarox are heat treated too so less likely to warp
Sarah