PREFACELIFT & FACLIFT HELP.

dan.obi

Reaction score
hi is there any difference between the prefacelift and facelift interior, and also can i fit electric seat to my car which never had electric seats if so how and how easy can theis be done...

Yes, there are differences. A quick look at the photos of other members cars should clarify what changes occored in late 2000.

yeah i can see all that has seemed to have changed by eye is the door cards. can really see anyother changes

The centre console layout and materials are slightly different, look much nicer. The gearstick gator and surround are slightly changed too - i *think* thats about it apart from that.

wasnt the facelift done in stages?

which years are you talking?

the gearstick surround is chrome I think..and the speedo and rev meter have white backlight not red as in pre facelift.

My prefacelift (auto) gearstick surround is chrome, and I have a white back light also??/

oh really??I guess UK a3's have different spec to the ones here in New Zealand..I havent seen any prefacelift with chrome surround and white back light here. We get a lot of use japanese imports here too so that must be why then..

there maybe differences between A3 and S3 also. I think that all S3 have red backgrounds with white needles, and A3's have white backgrounds

Dont forget the illuminated heater vents, different climate control unit, different console switches and cupholder.

only the seats im talking about will the facelift fit a pre facelift, thanks for all you commecnt but that all i need to know

I think the seats will fit, all they changed on them was the cloth coverings, the patterns on the facelift is much nicer!

Check your airbag connectors against the interior you buy, I fitted a facelift interior to an early 98 1.8se and the plugs were diiferent, then i fitted the same facelift interior to a late 98 TDi and the plugs matched.

as established that the interior might fit, but whats the situation with fitting electic seat to a car that had non-electic seats, also A3Steve my car is a 1997 A3 Tdi and the car the leather is out of is a 2001 S3.

Hi mate,
Ideally you would take the electrical seat loom with the seats from the donor car and then retrofit it to yours.

then connect it back to the fusebox and plug it into your seats,airbag wise i was lucky that when the breakers removed the seats, they cut the loom leaving me both plugs, i used Elsawin software to identify the wiring and match the new plugs to the old wiring.

Are your seats heated as well? if so you would need the 2 dash switches and additional loom.

I have a recaro plug pin out for the S3 somewhere, ill try and find it, if you plan to make your own loom.

Hope this makes some sense to you?

One other note: my old seats were held in via torx screws, the facelift are held in with nuts.

Steve