Heldex/vagcom

mintie

Reaction score
After speaking to my friend who is a vag trained spanner jockey, he can remember changing the settings of the haldex on a golf 4-motion through the vag com.
My question is can this be done on the S3, and if so could someone please let me know what the adjustment code is, my friend says it should be a three didget code that allows you to get into the haldex settings, and then this will allow you to adjust when the haldex will kick in.
any help will be greatfull.
somebody out there should be able to know if this is possible.
cheers.

I have never heard of this but would be very interested in knowing how it can be done..

It wouldn't surprise me. You can change the settings on the new one. I'd like to know if its possible

mintie said:
After speaking to my friend who is a vag trained spanner jockey, he can remember changing the settings of the haldex on a golf 4-motion through the vag com.
My question is can this be done on the S3, and if so could someone please let me know what the adjustment code is, my friend says it should be a three didget code that allows you to get into the haldex settings, and then this will allow you to adjust when the haldex will kick in.
any help will be greatfull.
somebody out there should be able to know if this is possible.
cheers.

Wow and save £500 on a uprated haldex controller, surely no way!

Come on Mintie, explain!

When you use your vag com or any other fault finding hardware you can get into some systems that will allow you to go to adaptations and then chagne them, Every one knows about changing the open/close on their cars i.e when you close the car with the remote you can get an audible beep with the indicators or not, this can be changed in a certain block you just need to know the right codes to do this.
I think this will work with the HALDEX you just need the right codes/values to input and then the know how to work out the 5 diget code/value that you have to enter.
The only problem is that I can not find any one with this Knowledge prehaps some one with a complete copy of EKTA, Wil have these base values that we can work with thus changing the way/time that the HALDEX cuts in or stays in.
I think that I am right because I have seen these blocks that Im talking about on a fault finding machine, And in the block for the HALDEX (which is block 22 ) there is an adaptation block but I dont know the right codes to input.
cheers

Oh ok! So if we where to find some who is a registered VAGCOM company user(i.e. a Garage) would they have access to this information?

If so I best start asking some questions! :)

Have already done this at my local dealer the one responce that I got back was "I know nothing"

surely ross tech should be able to tell you what can be done using vag-com?

Tried them still nothing.
Not giving up still think that there is a way to alter the HALDEX parameters

Maybe some adaption can be done, but the haldex PP has an extra electronic pump to engage the clutch before there is a rotational difference in input/output shafts (ie 4wd without any slippage etc..). so the standard unit needing the rotational difference to 'pump' the clutch closed will only be 4wd at the same times as before when front spin etc...