EM TuningSky Insurance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 47
  1. #1
    jesters3's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    The Shire's
    Posts
    1,516

    Finally bit the bullet and got the remap but..

    ..they need to have my ecu to do so. which means no car for 2-3 days; gutted.

    Booked into Storm to have it done, however they can read the code on the ECU but can't overwrite it for some reason. The only possible reason is that I had a trial Revo remap which 'may' have done something and hence the ECU cannot be overwritten.

    So the consensus is to whip out the ECU and send it off to Custom Code to sort out. This mean 2-3 days without the car which is never easy. So going to have to sort out something when on hols in a months time.

    Really looking forward to finally having it done and this pops up; sods law!

    Still like they say "absence makes the heart grow fonder!"
    Jester
    "On my second S3 and loving it. RS3 here I come!!!"

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Felon's Avatar
    Slightly odd.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Chandler's Ford, Hampshire
    Posts
    87
    Off to Custom Code Wednesday to have my 02 S3 done. On balance and after lots of head scrtaching, decided on CC rather than Revo for a smoother drive. They asked me if I had had a Revo trial as apparently it can cause probems. Thankfully I haven't so finger's crossed shd be ok.
    2002 Absolute Red (Tomato Soup colour) S3 Custom Code Phase 1 done 10th October 2007

  4. #3
    jesters3's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    The Shire's
    Posts
    1,516
    Well in a dilema now, half of me is saying wait and get it CCed the other half says sod it and get it Revoed.....
    Jester
    "On my second S3 and loving it. RS3 here I come!!!"

  5. #4
    Prawn's Avatar
    My other car is a MINI!!!!

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Basingstoke
    Posts
    9,363
    you will only regret it if you get it revo'd.....

    the maps are too aggressive. they feel fast on the road, but give a amssive spike of torque, then run out of steam far too quickly.....

    custom code give a much more progressive map, with sustained torque, and makes for a much better drivers car.

    So many people who have previously had revo are moving over to custom code.

    You've clearly already made the right choice. now stick with it!

    the revo map and the custom code map are SO different.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

    But I know nothing so ignore me.

  6. #5
    Felon's Avatar
    Slightly odd.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Chandler's Ford, Hampshire
    Posts
    87
    Hey Prawn - it was you in another thread of mine that suggested CC - so pleased I spoke to them. Revo sounds harsh. I'm a wrinkly so a nice smooth drive is much more me.

    Full details and feedback Thursday.
    2002 Absolute Red (Tomato Soup colour) S3 Custom Code Phase 1 done 10th October 2007

  7. #6
    campbell's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    712
    depends how you like to drive the car, i have the revo and you dont have to rev it high to make quick progress which i like. it has loads of low down torque but runs out of power to early i agree
    2002 225 S3, metallic black, REVO, 18" RSTT alloys, goodyear Eagle F1s, silver leather heated seats, tinted windows, H&R spacers, black diamond grooved discs & Ferrodo DS2500 pads, BOSE system, xenons, forge DV, samco TIP & upper boost hoses.

  8. #7
    Aky
    Aky's Avatar
    Aky

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,500
    I already have CC

  9. #8
    Felon's Avatar
    Slightly odd.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Chandler's Ford, Hampshire
    Posts
    87
    Just out of interest - how was it for you? What numbers did you get out of the remap? Just so as I know what to expect...
    2002 Absolute Red (Tomato Soup colour) S3 Custom Code Phase 1 done 10th October 2007

  10. #9
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    25,511
    Revo map is adjustable, you need an SPS3 dongle to adjust timing and fuelling IIRC, do they not offer you the option of how you want power delivery at the time of uploading the map?



    99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400



  11. #10
    voorhees's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Leafy Warwickshire
    Posts
    14,899
    Quote Originally Posted by campbell
    depends how you like to drive the car, i have the revo and you dont have to rev it high to make quick progress which i like. it has loads of low down torque but runs out of power to early i agree
    I go along with that but think the post about revo trial ruining the ecu for future remap is rubbish

  12. #11
    Aky
    Aky's Avatar
    Aky

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,500
    Quote Originally Posted by Felon
    Just out of interest - how was it for you? What numbers did you get out of the remap? Just so as I know what to expect...
    Yeah its pretty good. I'm still happy with it. Not sure about BHP, probably about 30 more than standard

  13. #12
    s3_tny's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    essex
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo
    do they not offer you the option of how you want power delivery at the time of uploading the map?
    Depends on the tuner i think as when Quattronics done mine we had a few runs back and forth

    adjusting timing and boost untill i was fully happy with it,

    unlike some tuners that i've heard off that just flash the ecu with the map without adjusting anything

  14. #13
    jesters3's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    The Shire's
    Posts
    1,516
    Quote Originally Posted by voorhees
    I go along with that but think the post about revo trial ruining the ecu for future remap is rubbish
    I disagree (at present) looking at other posts in other forums it would appear that when the trial finishes it goes back to a 'stock configuration' but this configuration is based on a 'REVO one' not the 'ORIGINAL one'.

    As a result in some cases the 'REVO one' programme has different checksums that don't add up. So when it comes to putting on a different remap it is unable to accuratley confirm that the new check sums add up to the correct ECU information on file, so installing the new remap programme is a non starter.

    From what I can ascertain this is a rare occurrence as quite a few people have had no problems getting further remaps either with Revo or A N Other. Speaking to my techie he concurs that this is the possible issue. He suggests going back to the dealer to ask them to reflash it to the 'ORGINAL one' if they still have it on file that is.

    Still I think I will go for the CC in the end, stats are 265hp and 250lb/ft and offer the delivery I think I would prefer. The Revo stats 'stated' higher but was quite agressive during the trial and different to how I wanted to drive it.

    Just got to bloody wait...
    Jester
    "On my second S3 and loving it. RS3 here I come!!!"

  15. #14
    Prawn's Avatar
    My other car is a MINI!!!!

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Basingstoke
    Posts
    9,363
    revo may peak 280lb ft, but itll hold it for 300rpm, and be down at 230 the rest of the range.

    custom code will peak 250lbft, and hold it right from 2.5k to redline! so although the revo map has a higher peak, the custom code map will have much more usable power!

    its also the massive revo torque spike that explains why peak power with revo is often so low down in the rev range.

    I think mine peaked at just over 4000rpm, which is a joke
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

    But I know nothing so ignore me.

  16. #15
    HTC
    HTC's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Koh Samui, Thailand
    Posts
    3,402
    Think yourself lucky. I'm getting my IHI mapped at CC and they want my whole car for three days.

    I live near Brighton :-( Train is going to cost as much as the map.......maybe I'll get a lift off a mate.

  17. #16
    Prawn's Avatar
    My other car is a MINI!!!!

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Basingstoke
    Posts
    9,363
    only 3 days HTC!!!!!

    which custom code dealer are you going to? Im in portsmouth, and the nearest dealer to me is Storm developments in aldermaston. is there a nearer one?

    Storm said they want my whole car for a week!!!! yours is an AGU as well isnt it? what price are you paying for a custom map?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

    But I know nothing so ignore me.

  18. #17
    jesters3's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    The Shire's
    Posts
    1,516
    Sounds like you are having some work done at Storm for them to have it a week!
    Jester
    "On my second S3 and loving it. RS3 here I come!!!"

  19. #18
    Felon's Avatar
    Slightly odd.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Chandler's Ford, Hampshire
    Posts
    87
    I'm going to Storm tomorrow to have a stage 1 custom code on my 02 S3. Getting there for 0930 - done before lunchtime. Unless they find any Vagcom errors shouldn't be any longer than that. Double checked today after I saw this thread!
    2002 Absolute Red (Tomato Soup colour) S3 Custom Code Phase 1 done 10th October 2007

  20. #19
    jesters3's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    The Shire's
    Posts
    1,516
    Nice, that is exactly what I am going to have done.....at some point since I've paid for it already! Will be interested in your feedback.
    Jester
    "On my second S3 and loving it. RS3 here I come!!!"

  21. #20
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    85
    For a custom remap to a AGU I pay 500 here in Portugal.

    It's less than 500, however it's not a priority for now, I've to
    fix other issues on my engine, since it's already with 100K miles

    I would like to see what's the oil pressure, if everything is Ok
    and only then move one!

    The price of the K03s seems interesting, where can I find one
    for 150 ?

    Thanks in advance, regards

    Luis

  22. #21
    Felon's Avatar
    Slightly odd.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Chandler's Ford, Hampshire
    Posts
    87
    Sure - will post feedback Thursday.
    2002 Absolute Red (Tomato Soup colour) S3 Custom Code Phase 1 done 10th October 2007

  23. #22
    HTC
    HTC's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Koh Samui, Thailand
    Posts
    3,402
    Prawn, I've had a word with JBS and because of my mods they recommend the phase 3 at their headquarters.

    They've quoted £450 + vat, but I'm budgeting for more than that.
    I'm curently on Jabba and they want £550 inc vat for 4 hours mapping time.

    I like the Jabba map, but for the money and RR time I feel I'll get a better product with JBS, plus I fancy a bit of a change.

    Yeah, mines AGU engine.

  24. #23
    Prawn's Avatar
    My other car is a MINI!!!!

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Basingstoke
    Posts
    9,363
    Blimey, a JBS mapped IHI AGU is going to be a beasty to contend with! What sort of power figure are you aiming for?

    Whats your ko3S agu putting out now on the jabba map? Why the need for a change? Is it not quick enough?
    I’m having my ko3S AGU mapped in a few weeks time, and I’m hoping for a good result. Already on the old Revo map it feels very responsive, and it has the potential to be very quick. I didn’t want to go bigger than the ko3S, as I drive 400 miles a week, and the cars already VERY high mileage, so I want to keep it reliable, and economical.

    What diff are you running to cope with the 300bhp + and fwd?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

    But I know nothing so ignore me.

  25. #24
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn
    Blimey, a JBS mapped IHI AGU is going to be a beasty to contend with! What sort of power figure are you aiming for?

    Whats your ko3S agu putting out now on the jabba map? Why the need for a change? Is it not quick enough?
    Im having my ko3S AGU mapped in a few weeks time, and Im hoping for a good result. Already on the old Revo map it feels very responsive, and it has the potential to be very quick. I didnt want to go bigger than the ko3S, as I drive 400 miles a week, and the cars already VERY high mileage, so I want to keep it reliable, and economical.

    What diff are you running to cope with the 300bhp + and fwd?
    Hi, what is the milleage of your car ?

    Mine is a AGU and I would like to make a similar setup to my A3.

    Can we reach 200 or 220 hp with the K03s and a custom map ?

    Another interesting question for me is, can we install the k03s without a custom remap ? Will we be able to drive the car without problems ?

    About the oil intervals, have made some modifications on it after the repro ?

    Thanks in advance for your help.
    Regards

  26. #25
    HTC
    HTC's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Koh Samui, Thailand
    Posts
    3,402
    Aiming for a nice round 300bhp on conservative boost. Current map is 220bhp on unleaded and 230bhp on super. Running 2.5" downpipe into the OEM catback at the mo. New setup is 3" into 2.5" cat back. I'm on a slightly leaky 170000 miles :-)

    You'll enjoy the k03s, but ask anyone 6 months down the line if there car is fast enough, regardless of power :-)

  27. #26
    HTC
    HTC's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Koh Samui, Thailand
    Posts
    3,402
    You can drive a k03s on standard map, but don't go mad.

  28. #27
    Prawn's Avatar
    My other car is a MINI!!!!

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Basingstoke
    Posts
    9,363
    hahaha, mental! 170 000 miles makes my 149k seem like a pathetic score!

    how long have you been running 230bhp then? no issues yet related to the mileage? whats leaking?

    Im running a 2.5'' milltek downpipe, into a 2.5'' single box milltek cat back, Forge TIP, forge cold side relocation kit, forge 007p, denso ik22's, and a decent FMIC.

    thankfully, the gearbox was replaced in december last year, so hasnt had much abuse.

    What torque figure does your ko3S put out?

    Luis: with the right bits, its possible to reach 240bhp from the ko3S, some people claim higher, but 240bhp is definately possible.

    I've been driving with my mods and the ko3S on my old revo ko3 map for just over a month now, with no problems so far.

    that said, im very careful, havnt gone full throttle yet, and havnt exceeded my self imposed rev limit of 4k. i dont want to risk anything getting too hot and melting.


    NOTHING is ever quick enough once your used to it. which is why ive given myself a limit for the A3, ko3S upgrade, then thats it. Itll be sold to my mum in 18 months time and ill be buying a BT S3 anyway.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

    But I know nothing so ignore me.

  29. #28
    Felon's Avatar
    Slightly odd.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Chandler's Ford, Hampshire
    Posts
    87
    Blimey - your Mums' going to have fun...
    2002 Absolute Red (Tomato Soup colour) S3 Custom Code Phase 1 done 10th October 2007

  30. #29
    HTC
    HTC's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Koh Samui, Thailand
    Posts
    3,402
    219bhp and 236 lb/ft at 3700rpm on Jabba's rollers with 95 unleaded. Attended a rolling road meet locally and made 230bhp on Tesco 99 unleaded. Can't remember torque figure off the top of my head. Been running this figure for 2 years. Great map, really smooth.
    Only issue was a slipping clutch which I swapped for a lightened G60 flywheel & VR6 clutch setup. Fine now.
    Oil leak is from a the cam chain tensioner seal. Common, but no biggie. Just gotta pull my finger out to fix it.

    You should get a good result with those mods.
    Last edited by HTC; 9th October 2007 at 16:34.

  31. #30
    Prawn's Avatar
    My other car is a MINI!!!!

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Basingstoke
    Posts
    9,363
    Quote Originally Posted by Felon
    Blimey - your Mums' going to have fun...
    Damn right, she drove it last weekend, and it scared the crap out of her!

    she drives an A3 tdi 100, so the 200 odd of mine currently shocked her a bit!

    That said, the custom code map is so smooth. when she gets it, Ill probably put the standard air box and exhaust back on it, to keep the sound down.
    Its nice knowing ive got a garanteed (sp?) buyer for my car when I'm through with it!

    Good figures HTC, was that just with a ko3S and downpipe on the AGU? or were there other mods to suit?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

    But I know nothing so ignore me.

  32. #31
    Aky
    Aky's Avatar
    Aky

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,500
    Have you received your ECU back yet? Has it been sent using Royal Mail??!!

  33. #32
    HTC
    HTC's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Koh Samui, Thailand
    Posts
    3,402
    Silicone TIP only other mod, and standard IC at the time, although the latter has been swapped since.

  34. #33
    Jampublic's Avatar
    Taking it easy..

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reading, SE
    Posts
    972
    Quote Originally Posted by jesters3
    ..they need to have my ecu to do so. which means no car for 2-3 days; gutted.

    Booked into Storm to have it done, however they can read the code on the ECU but can't overwrite it for some reason. The only possible reason is that I had a trial Revo remap which 'may' have done something and hence the ECU cannot be overwritten.

    So the consensus is to whip out the ECU and send it off to Custom Code to sort out. This mean 2-3 days without the car which is never easy. So going to have to sort out something when on hols in a months time.

    Really looking forward to finally having it done and this pops up; sods law!

    Still like they say "absence makes the heart grow fonder!"
    So Jester it has been two day's and your thread has been hijacked once! When do you collect the car?? Tomorrow? Soon

    Storm must be loving the new influx of business, I guess they have Dave to blame!
    J


  35. #34
    jesters3's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    The Shire's
    Posts
    1,516
    Unfortunatley I have not been able to leave my car with them for the days needed (though Miles did offer me his VW to use) as I have quite a few trips to do in the next month.

    As such I still have the stock ECU. I'm hoping to get my car down there next month for them to get the ECU change and also fit the Samco upper hoses I'm getting shortly.

    My mate in his Ibiza Cupra had some work down there the other day (admittedly he mentioned Storm beforehand) and after looking through some of the other forums the gospel of Dave has spread!
    Jester
    "On my second S3 and loving it. RS3 here I come!!!"

  36. #35
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn
    hahaha, mental! 170 000 miles makes my 149k seem like a pathetic score!

    how long have you been running 230bhp then? no issues yet related to the mileage? whats leaking?

    Im running a 2.5'' milltek downpipe, into a 2.5'' single box milltek cat back, Forge TIP, forge cold side relocation kit, forge 007p, denso ik22's, and a decent FMIC.

    thankfully, the gearbox was replaced in december last year, so hasnt had much abuse.

    What torque figure does your ko3S put out?

    Luis: with the right bits, its possible to reach 240bhp from the ko3S, some people claim higher, but 240bhp is definately possible.

    I've been driving with my mods and the ko3S on my old revo ko3 map for just over a month now, with no problems so far.

    that said, im very careful, havnt gone full throttle yet, and havnt exceeded my self imposed rev limit of 4k. i dont want to risk anything getting too hot and melting.


    NOTHING is ever quick enough once your used to it. which is why ive given myself a limit for the A3, ko3S upgrade, then thats it. Itll be sold to my mum in 18 months time and ill be buying a BT S3 anyway.
    Prawn, thanks for your answer.

    On the K03 I fell that after 5000 rpm it's difficult to reach 6000, with a mapped K03s will it have a better behaviou between 5000 and 6000 rpm ?

    Or do we need to get other kind of turbo to reach better performance on higher revs ?

    Thanks for the help, I saw a couple of kits that use some garret turbos, but I'm just evaluating them!

    How about oil coolers ? Do we need one after the remap, or the oil temperature don't get to high ?

  37. #36
    Prawn's Avatar
    My other car is a MINI!!!!

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Basingstoke
    Posts
    9,363
    well, im not sure about oil temps, but i know my car doesnt seem to have any problems cooling currently, it actually runs very cold. dave hasnt reported any temperature issues running 240bhp either.

    So long as you use a good quality oil, i dont see the need for a cooler. does the S3 have one? if a mapped S3 can run 265bhp without one, i dont think we have reason to worry.

    I agree about the ko3 dying after 5000 rpm, but i can assure you a good ko3 s setup is VERY different.

    Go onto uk mkivs and look up the 0-100 videos thread, theres a custom code phase 2 car in there, doing 0-100 in 13.7 seconds, and its pulling like a space ship right to 7k in every gear.....

    daves certainly didnt show ANY signs of stopping past 5k, if anything it actually picked up even more at 5k!

    obviously i didnt thrash daves car, as its not mine, and dave is a nervous passenger, but he says it keeps pulling hard well into the red line, and the rev limit is definately upped with the mapping.

    If you want to get more power on a budget, id say a well sorted ko3S setup is the way to go.

    HTC got 230bhp on a basicly standard engine, with just a ko3s and a down pipe.

    If you do a really good ko3S setup, with a full turbo back, fmic, and everything else, there is no reason why you couldnt see 240bhp. and 250lbft.

    even my old ko3 peaked 236lbft!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

    But I know nothing so ignore me.

  38. #37
    Jampublic's Avatar
    Taking it easy..

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reading, SE
    Posts
    972
    Quote Originally Posted by jesters3
    Unfortunatley I have not been able to leave my car with them for the days needed (though Miles did offer me his VW to use) as I have quite a few trips to do in the next month.

    As such I still have the stock ECU. I'm hoping to get my car down there next month for them to get the ECU change and also fit the Samco upper hoses I'm getting shortly.

    My mate in his Ibiza Cupra had some work down there the other day (admittedly he mentioned Storm beforehand) and after looking through some of the other forums the gospel of Dave has spread!
    That sucks! Whilst everyone gets there S3 mapped, you can not! boo
    J


  39. #38
    jesters3's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    The Shire's
    Posts
    1,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Jampublic
    That sucks! Whilst everyone gets there S3 mapped, you can not! boo
    You telling me!! Revo this, CC that, APR those, Jabba they, etc..

    Been toying with the idea of getting a remap for the past year or so. Always thinking of the 'for' and 'against' arguments, went for the 'for' arguments , managed to get it past the wife (only just!) and got it booked in .....then this happens boo fcuking hoo indeed !!!!!

    Still something to look forward too!
    Jester
    "On my second S3 and loving it. RS3 here I come!!!"

  40. #39
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn
    well, im not sure about oil temps, but i know my car doesnt seem to have any problems cooling currently, it actually runs very cold. dave hasnt reported any temperature issues running 240bhp either.

    So long as you use a good quality oil, i dont see the need for a cooler. does the S3 have one? if a mapped S3 can run 265bhp without one, i dont think we have reason to worry.

    I agree about the ko3 dying after 5000 rpm, but i can assure you a good ko3 s setup is VERY different.

    Go onto uk mkivs and look up the 0-100 videos thread, theres a custom code phase 2 car in there, doing 0-100 in 13.7 seconds, and its pulling like a space ship right to 7k in every gear.....

    daves certainly didnt show ANY signs of stopping past 5k, if anything it actually picked up even more at 5k!

    obviously i didnt thrash daves car, as its not mine, and dave is a nervous passenger, but he says it keeps pulling hard well into the red line, and the rev limit is definately upped with the mapping.

    If you want to get more power on a budget, id say a well sorted ko3S setup is the way to go.

    HTC got 230bhp on a basicly standard engine, with just a ko3s and a down pipe.

    If you do a really good ko3S setup, with a full turbo back, fmic, and everything else, there is no reason why you couldnt see 240bhp. and 250lbft.

    even my old ko3 peaked 236lbft!
    Once again thanks for the answer, I thinks is time to start getting it done!
    I found this link about an intercooler a SMIC, has anyone tried it ?
    What you think of it ?
    I'm going to ask more informations to the dealer.

    http://boostfactory.net/product_info...products_id=77

  41. #40
    HTC
    HTC's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Koh Samui, Thailand
    Posts
    3,402
    I've got the BF intercooler on mine.


    Re-worked the scoop with FG mesh twigs and spit :-)


 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO