Airbag Light! Just come on....grrr

Hardsy

Hardsy_S3
Reaction score
Hello,

After recently purchasing an s3 and being a big kid and sitting in the seats and playing around with the electrical adjusting the airbag light came on. I think its probbaly something to do with me messing about with the seat.

Just wondered how to get it to stay off!

Hope you can help,

Thanks,
Nick

You need to reset it with VAGCOM, if it comes on for any reason (unplugging any of the wiring with the ignition on) then it will stay on even though the fault is not there anymore. All airbags are disabled until you do a reset.

If its not that then it could be a dodgey crash sensor, seen them randomly go alot in the past

If it happened whilst you were fiddling with the seat, then it's more than likely something to do with the little loom under the seat that goes to the in-seat side airbag.

It's a common fault on cars built on this platform, both the drivers side one on my Golf MkIV and my current 8L have had this.

If you're lucky, it has just come undone, but it's probably just starting to fatigue from the seat being moved backwards and forwards over the years and the resistance has got higher as a result.

Easy enough to fix though, you can buy the loom from a dealer, although you'd still need VAGCOM or similar to turn the light off.