K&N replacement Element A3 1.8T

lakhan

Reaction score
Hiya..

I just wana find out if a change the air filter on my a3 1.8 turbo to a K&N air filter not the 57i induction kit, would that help in any case????

Would the car make a better sound or accelarate better??? if any1 could help me out on this that would be great because i dont wana go and spend £50 for nuthing...

Thankz....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

You'll feel or hear next to nothing, in fact you may even loose some performance as in a lot of cases the standard paper filter elements are relatively free flowing and better than aftermarket filters (as strange as that may sound it's true).

If you are looking for some sort of gain for your money then you need to look at an induction kit with cold air intake and shroud/box to prevent hot air being drawn in, and this may see a couple of extra hp and maybe an increase in low down torque.

Also you may risk damage to the MAF by fitting any oiled type filters, unless you are wary of how much oil you use on the filter and make sure you clean the MAF regularly.

The only real bonus of an aftermarket replacement elemet is that it never needs replacing just washing and oiling, but as for performance....not a lot if any.

I DID notice better Induction noise with my K&N Panel. But if you can afford the extra $$$ for a good induction kit w/out the oiled filter, I'd say go for it. Better safe than sorry where the MAF is concerned.

That said, I've ran a K&N Panel on my A3 for 3 years now and I've only recently "Suspected" that I may have a faulty MAF. And after this long, I wouldn't attribute it to the filter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif