Pre-facelift aftermarket headlights..

kiwi

Reaction score
Hi all,
Has anyone thought about getting the black ones?
I have a silver prefacelift a3 and would appreciate comment/advice from someone with aftermarket headlights..:ermm:
cheers!

Id like some geniune looking, replica's... u think the black would look n e good??

yeah same here...those chrome angel eye ones are too shiny and looks cheap I reckon. I've looked at the black ones at a shop today and they are way toooo black instead of being greyish black. Not really happy with neither of them but the factory ones are too murky! what do you think knobby?black or chrome??

I think the chrome looks pants, but I suppose it depends on the colour of your car!!!

im STILL watching a few sets on ebay, though they are angel eyes, not audi, though i'd prefer the audi ones.

the ones im watching are black, i like the idea of them over the chrome, think they'd be too bling

AndyAudi2.jpg

AndyAudi1.jpg

Very nice Andy!!

Very nice indeed! Thanks for the pics Andy and Bula82. I hope they will look just as nice on silver cars..!

Cool..

Anyone know where you can get geniune 1 pc head lights from, i have the 2pc version. Would consider replicas if they look good.

Cheers

Knobby

Great job on the FM!! it looks like you didn't have to trim the inside of the bumper much. what size is the intercooler? is the outlet pipe running over the top of the IC to the intake?
cheers!

i believe, (dont quote me on this) andy went a bit over the top, and re mounted his rad 1 inch further back to allow extra room for the FMIC, which would explain the minimal trimming of the bumper.

as for pipe work, i dont know about andys, but the easiest way to sort the pipework going to the inlet side, is to have it entering the cooler on the passengers side, and exiting at the drivers side, so no silly long runs of pipe going back across the bay.

check out the fmic kit on www.tuner-stop.com to see what i mean. i MUCH prefer that pipe route, as it gets rid of all the standard nasty pipe work.

i wish i had a black car now just too fit those lights... should i go for chrome or the black... what do u guys think?

have you seen A3_turbos silver car with the black headlights? it looks awesome.

Considering you've got the window tints already, i would dechrome your grille surround, and get the black lights! itll also work well on the silver car with the black lower plastics if you give them a bit of trim polish to get them shiney black.

A3_turbo's silver car looks really nice with those black ones..but remember his lights are the aftermarket black lights for the facelift model. They looked quite different (and better) than the common prefacelift black angel eyes sold on ebay.

I have the same car as bouncer--daz and still cant decide between chrome and black..

kiwi said:
A3_turbo's silver car looks really nice with those black ones..but remember his lights are the aftermarket black lights for the facelift model. They looked quite different (and better) than the common prefacelift black angel eyes sold on ebay.

Nope, they're really not.

the lights on Jasons silver A3 are EXACTLY the same as the ones pictured on AndyTQ's car further up in this thread.

I've spoken to both andy and jason about it, and they are the same lights exactly.

Prawn said:
i believe, (dont quote me on this) andy went a bit over the top, and re mounted his rad 1 inch further back to allow extra room for the FMIC, which would explain the minimal trimming of the bumper.

as for pipe work, i dont know about andys, but the easiest way to sort the pipework going to the inlet side, is to have it entering the cooler on the passengers side, and exiting at the drivers side, so no silly long runs of pipe going back across the bay.

check out the fmic kit on www.tuner-stop.com to see what i mean. i MUCH prefer that pipe route, as it gets rid of all the standard nasty pipe work.
Slightly over the top,pipework is even shorter than the example you showed,straight through the front panel instead of down and around it.It should handle any big turbo i care to throw at it in the future.As for trimming the bumper,lots had to be removed,also crash bar was moved closer to the bumper.Cheers Andy