Monster MotorsportSky Insurance

Thread: Dump Valve??

Reverse Gear

Status

Dump Valve??

Dont laugh but i love that dump valve noise is this possible with the S3?? Does it help things? performance?

Thanks

Marky [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status

Re: Dump Valve??

Yes it is possible,you may get it with just a filter change,although make sure your induction kit has a built in return from the standard dump valve.Otherwise your looking at a non-standard re-circulating dump valve(don't get a blow to atmos as it's dangerous with a afm)which may be louder than standard.regards Ryan

5th Gear

Status

Have a look at AM Tuning for their GFB Hybrid blow-off valve.

[ QUOTE ]
    GO FAST BITS Hybrid blow-off valves overcome the problem by venting most of the non-required intake pressure into the atmosphere, while a small portion is vented back to the turbo and airflow meter-enough to stop problems such as excessive fuel use, backfiring and engine shudder at half acceleration (experienced with purely venting-to-atmosphere valves).

[/ QUOTE ]

$309.00 Australian dollars + 13.00 postage to UK, which I think works out about 140 approx.

I haven't tried it and don't know anyone that has either.

5th Gear

Status

Take a look at this post which talks about the basics.

Neutral

Status

I have a Bailey Atmospheric Dump Valve on a '98 T Sport with 141,000 miles on the clock and have experienced no problems since fitting the new dump valve and it sounds the nuts - get one ordered and fit it - its so addictive you can frighten old ladies :>

2nd Gear

Status

I also have a bailey atmospheric DV, also no problems, but you may lose a few bhp.

5th Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Stuart_A3_Turbo said:
    I also have a bailey atmospheric DV, also no problems, but you may lose a few bhp.

[/ QUOTE ]
    The age old DV debate! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

AmD reckon that by fitting an atmospheric DV you lose approximately 7bhp.

All depends what you are into... power vs scaring old ladies! I know I ain't no OAP scarer! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Having your car chipped to get more power then fitting an atmospheric DV which loses 7bhp really doesn't make sense to me! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

...Watching you!

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Wee Marky said:
    Dont laugh but i love that dump valve noise is this possible with the S3?? Does it help things? performance?

Thanks

Marky [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

A atmospheric DV will not do anything apart from loose performance and sound silly, cos its just far too loud.

I (aswell as quite a few other people on here) have a recirculationg DV, and a Carbon Cold Air Intake (CAI). This improves airflow into the engine, and also makes a nice noise... Not loud, but it does make the DV audible, and makes a nice deep growl (again not at all loud) under Wide open throttle. We sell them for 144+vat, but will be a few more expensive if you need a crankcase breather. Drop me an email if you are interested!

Cheers

Rich - aka 'Advertising Post Whore' [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    RichA3Turbo said:
    Rich - aka 'Advertising Post Whore' [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Self-confessed 'Advertising Post Whore' [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img]

...Watching you!

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Imola S3 said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    RichA3Turbo said:

[/ QUOTE ]
    Self-confessed 'Advertising Post Whore' [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Well not totally self confessed...

Here

Neutral

Status

Depends how old you are!!?? If your a young whipper snapper with a smart A3 then fair play let everybody know you can afford a turbo - if on the other hand - your an old giffer then every ounce of performance is vital for collecting the pension so get a re-circulating dump valve - i have to say if you have a chipped S3 7bhp isn't exactly a noticeable difference is it??!!

Si

...Watching you!

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    BIGT said:
    Depends how old you are!!?? If your a young whipper snapper with a smart A3 then fair play let everybody know you can afford a turbo - if on the other hand - your an old giffer then every ounce of performance is vital for collecting the pension so get a re-circulating dump valve - i have to say if you have a chipped S3 7bhp isn't exactly a noticeable difference is it??!!

Si

[/ QUOTE ]

The 7bhp may not be, but the increased lag will be.

Rich

Reverse Gear

Status

Thanks for your replies!!

Mark