Q for Grathies

Felon

Slightly odd.
Reaction score
Hi - just registered...

I am off to JKM Motorsport in Portsmouth on Wednesday to get my S3 revo'd. Noticed you lived in Portsmouth and wondered if you knew them. I'm in Chandler's Ford and have been looking for a local tuner for a while. Or any other recommends in the area?

Cheers

Felon

Welcom to the forum Felon,

Just for reference, you might be better off using Personal Messages (PM) for questions directly concerning one specific member as they will get an email letting them know you are trying to get in touch. By posting in the open forums you have to hope 'Grathies' comes along and reads your message before it become old and moves down the list of new posts.

However, having said that, your question is actually best asked in the open forums as you will no doubt get responses about turners in your area from other members.

Hope you find the information you are looking for.

Thanks marms - I was kinda hoping that others might chip in with their local recommends - maybe I should be more careful with the thread title. Will bear in mind next time!
TTFN

Hello mate

I used JKM for all my servicing and everything, there helpful and do a professional job. And I think within the last year they have upgraded to better premises etc, so they must have a good reputation as well

Hi Felon, I used JKM to remap my A3 1.8T a while back, the guys there are really helpful, and they even threw in a free before and after rolling road run!

top service all round, i have no complaints about JKM.

however, i PERSONALLY, wouldnt advice revo anymore. the maps feel very quick on the road, but are very aggressive, with a HUGE spike in torque at low revs, then a very quick tail off in power and torque. this gives you a huge kick in the back, but the power dies pretty soon, its almost TDI like in its delivery.

Personally, had i not been in such a hurry, i would have gone for a custom code map, as they offer a much smoother power delivery, which makes for a better drivers car.

Its your call though! I chose JKM at the time as they were less than 2 miles from my house.

im in sunny soton too and was looking at getting my S3 remapped locally.

I found JKM online as our localish Revo dealer, i also found Regal Autosport in soton http://www.vag-tuner.com/ who do GIAC remaps which are supposedly good. Plus there is also West Tuning http://www.west-tuning.com/ who are out by Thruxton and they do remaps too not sure what brand exactly but might be worth a look.

My S3 is awol at the mo (its a long story) but when i get it back and its finally running right i too will want to get a nice remap so would be very interested in finding out who you go for and what cost and what performance gain you receive.

hope that is of some assistance and please let me know on how you get on.

Hi vrbob

Will do - as soon as I've had it done, i'll let you know. Just to confuse matters a little, I've just had a convo with custom code in reading who were recommended by a friend of a friend. Seems like they take a slightly different approach. Anyway after some serious consideration and a chat with the lads down the pub tonight, I'll make a decision at pint number 7. Ish. Maybe.

Felon

Cool,

looking forward to hearing your results.

Sorry mate, only just seen this

Dont know much of JKM Motorsport, but the guys on here have given about normal feedback for them by the sounds of things.

VAG Tuner who were Regal in Southampton have proved to be very good in the past for non-vag stuff, their work on Vauxhalls is exemplary, and Im sure that they have carried that across. Have heard good things about them.

Appart from them, The Phirm and Storm Developments are two other companys that I would look into. More M3/Guildford based but very popular amongst the VW boys, and know that The Phirms work is A*.

the phirm have a very good rep, and theyre only 30mins from portsmouth. im not sure which maps they use though? anyone got any idea?

Id personally take the extra trip up to aldermaston to storm and get a custom code map though. I know i am as soon as my FMIC is fitted!