Chris NottEM Tuning
    Petrol Head

Status

Just Logged my MAF Reading (graph)........

Hi guys, wasn't sure whether i should post this into the VAG forum or not but hey, i've put it here.....

I have hooked the car up to VAG COM and recorded the MAF with a run in 4th gear (private strip) and got the graph below. Max g/s reading was around 200 which seems good. There is a spike just below 3000 rpm, any ideas on what that is? Other than that seems quite smooth doesn't it?

I decided to do this data logging after putting the car on a dyno, the resulting power and torque graphs were quite worrying, they were all over the place (looked like a heatbeat monitor, spikes and dips all over the place!). And more worrying max power was around 220, even though the previous owner claims it has been Revo'd (i dont have the dyno graph unfortunately). Can anyone suggest why this might be? I thought it may be a crap MAF but from looking at the graph below it does seem the be fine....very confusing.

Is there a calculation i can do from knowing the g/s to work out the power my car has? I can then compare that to the dyno output, maybe the dyno wasn't set up right? I must admit though my car doesn't feel like a 260bhp remapped machine, its pretty much identical to me friends Fiat Coupe which has 225bhp.

Cheers for any help!

Mark
    2001 S3 Facelift | BOSE Symphony | Cruise Control | Full leather Recaro's | Xenons | Forge chrome DV | BMC CDA cool air induction | Miltek cat back exhaust | Vagtech Stage 2 remap | EBC Ulitmax discs | Goodrich hoses | Koni adjustables | Eibach Pro Line lowering springs | Blue Haldex Quattro ECU | 18" RS4 alloys | Toyo T1-S tyres | R32 anit rolls bars | H&R rear wheel spacers |

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Hi,

I have just been logging my car after REVO map.

I got the following in 4th gear.

My reason for logging is due to a hesitation when under full load.
    It feels like the car is going on/off boost or miss firing for a split second 3 or 4 times between 2000 and 6000 rpm.

My MAF looks low for the boost its running ( setting HB2 T6 on sps3)

It started doing this a few days after the map.

The boost does seem to tail off sharply from the requested, is this normal at around 4000rpm? or possible boost leak?

Cheers guys

Numptie of the highest order

Status
    The spikes on your dyno plot could well be because the dyno doesn't like haldex cars and your car way trying to shift torque about the place.

Other than that, no idea. however I'd really like to know what the highest MAF reading I should be getting on my standard apy S3 and in what gear etc.

4th Gear

Status
    I think you can work it out roughly. It's the BHP x 0.8 to get the maximum MAF reading. So based on a 210BHP? I would expect somewhere about 168.