IPOD connection + S3 Concert = Possible?

knobby

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Just got myself an IPOD itouch, Id like to connect this to my stereo in the S3, i have a Concert stereo plus a Bose sub, the CD changer skips all the time so don't mind replacing this with the IPOD..

Possible?

Cheers for the help in advance.

Knobby...

I know you can get an Audi Ipod interface and those FM transmitters.

When I try and plug my iphone into my Bose sounddock it say's it doesn't support this accessory. As the iphone is basically an itouch I would say no it won't work with the Audi ipod interface. But I hope someone can prove me wrong as it would be nice to have.

i thuink you can buy a lead on ebay which replaces the cd changer lead, it simply plugs into ur ipod and away u go, but im not sure it will work with you itouch m8

I have the dension kit in my glovebox and it works great. easy to fit and just plug and play. replaces the cd changer

you don't need to mount it on the dash, vents etc...so it remains out of sight. skip track from the head unit. :)

ipod also charges when connected. so no need to disnconnect everytime to charge it

http://www.ipodcarkitdirect.co.uk/Audi_iPod_Ice_Link_Plus_Adapter

I paid £50 on ebay though...just have a look for a bargain :)

that looks good, just one quick question, i have the concert stereo with the single cd headunit (no cd-changer), would the headunit still have the connecter on the back, ie. if i ever wanted to connect the changer or use this ipod connecter?

jt said:
that looks good, just one quick question, i have the concert stereo with the single cd headunit (no cd-changer), would the headunit still have the connecter on the back, ie. if i ever wanted to connect the changer or use this ipod connecter?

Yes, the plug you need is still in the back of the unit. I changed my Chorus head unit/6CD changer to the single CD Concert with the Audi Ipod connector.

Now that looks good!
I have a Symphony headunit with the 6 CD in-dash changer. Would this be compatiable with mine without disabling the in-dash CD player?

steve1975l said:
But is it compatibile with the itouch?

I think if it has the dock cable application, then should be fine

Ive used the Dension kit before, was with an IPOD 60GB photo and i didnt like the way it worked.. used to lock up, suffered with lots of static noise. Dont think im going to go back in that direction.

I am looking at the below unit an Apline IDA-X001 Digital Media Receiver, read a couple of reviews and it apparently integrates very well with the new ipods, including the IPOD iTouch. Its more money than i wanted to spend, working out about £260 with the head unit, Ipod Fast cable, Audi loom, audi face plate. Will save my pennies ;)

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/alpine-idax001-digital-media-receiver-p-5671.html

b_idax001.jpg

If anyone has this head unit id really like to hear from them.

Cheers

Knobby.

Mine works fine. Can change the tracks using the head unit but not the albums. Here's a pic of my dension fitted.
2007_08180005.jpg

that alpine unit may be a bit clever but its a lot ugly

I have a Audi Ipod adaptor (retro fitted), connected to an RNS-e and a 16GB iPod touch and I can confirm it works fine. When you plug the touch into the docking cable then the iPOD just shows (Device connected). I have also noticed that it charges much quicker than my iPOD video.

Hope that helps.

Defo agree.. Its not very attractive... But it seems like the best unit on the martket at the mo for IPOD integration. just checked and it will display RED buttons so that should make it look slightly better.

treblesykes said:
that alpine unit may be a bit clever but its a lot ugly

agreed red would be better, i guess if you like your music enough then its worth it, but not for me