URGENT HELP!!!!caliper wind back tool

scarydave

Reaction score
im changing my rear discs and pads this weekend so i thought id read a few posts to get some tips.seeing that i need a wind back tool i went to buy one today but theres 2 types and the shop could not specify which 1 was for an a3.they were both 2 pin but 1 was flat and the other had a lip around the edge of the tool.can anyone shed some light as i need to order it 2moz so its here for the weekend!
Cheers peeps!:respekt:

I presume that one of the tools you have seen is the one from Laser Hand Tools? Although it doesn’t say on the packaging it does fit VAG cars, I bought mine from GSF, double checked with them and have used it since, so I can say yes it works.

there both from laser hand tools, so was it the one with or without the lip round the outside??????

Got mine from Halfords, two dimples on either face, one where they're close to the outer edge, the other closer to inner edge. Fits no problem, though I had worn my pads so much that I had to "modify" the side which didn't fit my car.

Worked a treat after that!!

both should work ok on the car, as long as its not a big lip its not going to affect much, iirc mine has a small lip, cant see how a flat one wouldnt do the same job tho, assuming the pins are in the same location

thanks for all your help guys i think i have the right one, i guess ill find out 2moz!!:respekt: