Newbie introduction and a quick Question

Peter

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm Pete and I just picked up a 2001 facelift A3 tdi 110 today. After driving a Mk3 Golf Gti for 4 years this car feels a lot better put together and it feels equally as fast.

Would anybody be able to clarify for me if all tdi's should have onboard computers (to show mpg, distance travelled etc.) or was this an option? I had this on the Golf but the wiper stalk on the A3 doesnt have the buttons for the computer like it says in the manual?

Many thanks,
Pete.
ps. great forum by the way :icon_thumright:

Hi Pete, welcome to the forum.

I'm not sure on the tdi's but I would have expected it to have some form of DIS in the centre of the instrument cluster. IIRC the buttons should be on the end of the right hand stalk, together with a button to switch the DIS on and off.

I'm sure a tdi owner will be along shortly to help out :)

Hi Funky,

Thanks for the reply. When you mention the DIS, is this the rectangular display screen between the dials. When I turn on the ignition I get the checks appear on this screen but I have no buttons on either of the stalks for this.

Can anyone with knowledge of the tdi 110 (or 100, 130 etc. if they are the same) confirm if this is an option or if its possible to be fitted?

Thanks,
Pete.

Peter said:
Hi Funky,

Thanks for the reply. When you mention the DIS, is this the rectangular display screen between the dials.

It certainly is, the Driver Information System :)