MTM WHEELS

S3 SAF

Reaction score
hi i tried ordering some titan polished MTM wheels (235/35/19) from QS Tuning but they say that MTM in germany have stop production if these rims and only do the standard wheels. does any one on here no where i can get a set of these from.
thanks

Have they stopped making all MTM wheels or just the titan polished ones? If you can get the regular ones you could alwys get them polished or powdercoated.

I had mine done in black. Worked out cheaper than trying to get QST to order them specially from MTM.

Cs3p-1.jpg

Tut-tut Chris...
Either that car has just been cleaned, and the wheel cleaner has made the discs rust....or you've been spending too much time poncing about the wine Bars of Aberdeen?

Surely your new residence requires the use of those bling stoppers to access?

The pic was taken as I picked the car up from Polished Bliss. They didn't stay that way for long.

Roads around this way are too much fun. The rear discs are no longer grooved. I've worn them down a little. And the fronts are getting badly cracked. Not really bling anymore.

ChriS3 said:
The pic was taken as I picked the car up from Polished Bliss. They didn't stay that way for long.

Honest, Guv...

Roads around this way are too much fun. The rear discs are no longer grooved. I've worn them down a little. And the fronts are getting badly cracked. Not really bling anymore.

I know the feeling...
I just fitted new discs all round to my Golf...all well worn, but the fronts had removed all traces of the grooves.

The 911 needs new brakes too...fronts worn out and cracked, rears worn and corroded on the insides.
No matter...a simple matter of £1170 plus fitting costs will have them right. Gulp!

what 911 do you have ess three? isnt it the carrera 4s? can i ask how old it is and how much you paid for it!?

Ess_Three said:
The 911 needs new brakes too...fronts worn out and cracked, rears worn and corroded on the insides.
No matter...a simple matter of £1170 plus fitting costs will have them right. Gulp!

You're getting value for money there! To replace the Porsche discs on the front, and the ECS rears, all pre-mounted on new hats, will cost about £800. Race pads for the front are about another £150. Bling ain't cheap.

Edit: Plus fitting!!!

edward_harris said:
what 911 do you have ess three? isnt it the carrera 4s? can i ask how old it is and how much you paid for it!?

996 C4S...well spotted!
I bought it new at the end of 2004, as the last of the 996 shape 911s, 2005 model...I paid a few pints short of £80,000 with the £15,000 worth of options I couldn't refuse selecting.

...and every day I drive it it amazes me more.

Difficult to drive fast...takes me a good hour or so to get keyed into it...but when I do...it's sublime.

Sure, Evos are faster off the line, a used 911 turbo is faster top end....but for driving pleasure, and something you have to work at, it's superb!

doesn't cost any more to run than my S3 either!

ChriS3 said:
You're getting value for money there! To replace the Porsche discs on the front, and the ECS rears, all pre-mounted on new hats, will cost about £800. Race pads for the front are about another £150. Bling ain't cheap.

Edit: Plus fitting!!!

Aren't your front callipers Mk1 GT3?
Same as C4S/turbo?

I was wondering what aftermarket pads would be for mine.

Porsche parts aren't that bad...certainly the consumables.
Those are 330 x 30 cross drilled, F & R...so at £157 ea F and £141 ea R, they aren't bad at all.

Porsche servicing is also in line with Audi...ant it doesn't wreck bushes or track rods like my S3 did either!

** Apologies, total thread jack. **

Ess_Three said:
Aren't your front callipers Mk1 GT3?
Same as C4S/turbo?

993 Turbo. The disc size 322 x 32, so I'm not sure how they'd compare.

I was wondering what aftermarket pads would be for mine.

I've gone for Hawk HT-10's. I'll have to wait and see how bad the low speed screaching will be but since I'm not using the car that much now it shouldn't matter too much.

Porsche parts aren't that bad...certainly the consumables.
Those are 330 x 30 cross drilled, F & R...so at £157 ea F and £141 ea R, they aren't bad at all.

That's not bad at all. I'd be expecting about £175 each for my fronts had I not gone for the bling hats.

Porsche servicing is also in line with Audi...ant it doesn't wreck bushes or track rods like my S3 did either!

Don't want to sound daft, but as its never happened to me yet what exactly happens when your track rods go? I've noticed a few stange knocking sensations from somewhere in the suspension. Haven't figured out what it is yet and too broke to find out.

looking sweet chris! no they just stopped the titan polished ones. chris you say that you got urs powder coated. where did you get ur wheels from and how much did they cost? because QST are selling all the MTM wheels for the same price(£1410). and really wanted the wheels by next week.

ChriS3 said:
** Apologies, total thread jack. **

Amen...

993 Turbo. The disc size 322 x 32, so I'm not sure how they'd compare.

Ahh...the heavy, flexy callipers? :)
OK...my mistake.

I've gone for Hawk HT-10's. I'll have to wait and see how bad the low speed screaching will be but since I'm not using the car that much now it shouldn't matter too much.

I hope they are better than my Mintex Racing F4Rs...they are ****** awful, noise wise.

That's not bad at all. I'd be expecting about £175 each for my fronts had I not gone for the bling hats.

Yeah, 996 consumables are reasonable.
Brakes, belts, plugs, filters etc...it's the non consubables that sting you (engines, g/boxes etc...hence the extended warranty!)

Don't want to sound daft, but as its never happened to me yet what exactly happens when your track rods go? I've noticed a few stange knocking sensations from somewhere in the suspension. Haven't figured out what it is yet and too broke to find out.

I never heard any knocking...but you'll feel the suspension start to feel a bit vague (since yours is pretty well sorted, you'll notice it...on a standard car I doubt you would!), it may feel reluctant to turn in, or need more correcting that normal...or tramline more under power...or squirm more under braking.

Front lower arm bushes and track rod ends can all give these symptoms.

You are lucky if you've not had any go...or maybe you just don't drive very fast! :)
I had 3 bushes wrecked and a track rod end gone at the S3s first MOT...all covered by Audi under warranty!