Newbie! Hello, and Some Q's! lol

T11OM F

Fearon
Reaction score
Website
www.sloar-shades.eu
Hello!!!

New to this forum, coming over from themgzr.co.uk

Got a good deal on a S3, so my MG ZR 160 is going! Never been vag b4, so looking forward to it.

Looking fwd to having some power, as i sold my m3, and got the MG, to save money, but power is needed!

Looking at spending some dough as soon as she lands,
first thing is a Re-Map which will be free, (favour time!), and secondly tints (free!).. Then rims.. What rims suit the S3.. Im loving the August rims, in 19's but proving hard to find!? and then ill get a full system, induction, and dump valve...

Whats the differance with some engines, as soom when i was looking were 200 bhp and some 225. I have the 225, so looking at about 270ish with the remap, is it worth having a chip aswell or not?

Thanking You.. Hope you can be of some help, and ill try and help you guys out. Im a Window Tinter by trained, and do Audi main dealer work... :)

Hi and welcome mate

Rims on the S3 are personal choice, mine came with the bling "gangsta" style A8/S8 things that I hate but others love. There is the tried and tested RS4 style, but from the newer style I love the RS6 5spoke and the New RS4 style wheels

With the dumpvalve, Id personally say go with a Forge 007P Diverter Valve, in previous experience Ive found the atmostpheric type ones to not work to well on the 5/20vT engines. Personal choice tho, you may want to sound like a Bus with air brakes!

Where are you based outta interest? Im looking to get like a 20-30% tint done on my S3

Im not far from You.. Weymouth in dorset! lol.. just down or up the road. I dont want to sound like a Bus.. I have a set of new RS4 rims in the shed, waiting to go on my T4. But not to sure on the syle of them on the S3...

Im going 35% (smoke) on my s3. To do the back 3 of your S3 would be £110.

Ah just down the coast!

Tints are something on my list but very low down atm, always worth bearing in mind!

How do you find the S3 in comparision power wise as standard with the ZR outta interest?

Welcome to the joys of owning an S3!!

DV- the forge 007p is tried and tested, as said by grathies - atmospheric ones will **** up you engine management.
not sure about 270bhp from a generic remap? your best option would be to have the car put on a RR and have a custom map done once you've done your mods, no point remapping a standard engine then changing the exhaust, air filter etc etc.. (thats just my view anyway)

if your going to lower it a touch, go for the eibach / H&R springs with Bilstein shocks - again, its tried and tested! If your budget allows, coilovers all the way!!

ARBs are a popular upgrade too, as are wheel spacers

as for wheels, its up to you. but most on here say dont go over 18" or you will compromise the handling/ride comfort/acceleration etc etc..
BBS rims are always a firm favorite but it totally depends on your budget.

PM DPM on here, i get all my mods through him, very competitively priced and lightning quick delivery!

hope this helps

Ash

The S3, has not landed, so can not comment of differences on driving sides.
The MG ZR is Quick, but you have to rev it hard, and the handling is the closest thing to a 205 i have found. :) I had a 1.4 105 ZR as a trade in on a Scooby, and i drove it and fell in love, when i sold my m3, i saw the one i have now 2005 05 160 vvc, with all the trimmings at a excellent price so snapped it up. Will miss the lil baby.. But rock on S3!!!

Thanks Ash for the info, I like tried and tested. Whats the differance or remapping a std engine, as to one with zorst and filter?

Thanks

Tom

Ordered mine today, so can let you know later in the week! I did however put one a few weeks back, but did not notice much of a change in noise. I recently spoke to Dave B and he believes if you get Silicone Induction Hose & the DV it well make a loud chavy noise like his! Great :)

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=&product=FM225IND

Saving my pennies for one! :)

I have some blue ones atm, gonna have to get shot of them for black ones... hate things that dont look original

Black is certainly the way forward, even ordered my DV in anodised black! :)

Bizzarely enough, before I bought my S3 I bought a 007P in Black, and theres a silver one on the car which Im gonna take off and put the black one on in its place as soon as I get a chance!

Black in the engine bay, Silver on the outside for me tho ;)

Having trouble finding the clamps on ebay, anyone else brought them?

Grathies - You see the pompey game the other night? Hoho...

Thats an appauling hijack knobby... but yes! ;)

Well kinda, was driving about as I couldnt get tickets, and had the radio on. Nearly crashed the ****** S3 everytime Reading got near James...

Anyway, on with the helpfullness!

I was planning to use the clamps already holding my current DV in place, unless your are refering to clamps for something else? :ermm:

Didnt the hoses come with crimped on style security clamps to begin with? So when you retrofit a different style of hose you need an assortment of clamps to make sure its all secure

I've got the new RS4 18s on mine and I love 'em. Dark and Medium tints too, which also look great with the yellow.

What colour are you going for?

grathies said:
Didnt the hoses come with crimped on style security clamps to begin with? So when you retrofit a different style of hose you need an assortment of clamps to make sure its all secure

Errr me or Knobby? I'm only doing the DV this week, induction pipe maybe at the end of the month. I want the nice sound Dave's makes, but I'm not made of money! :(

hey I am going to order some as soon the clamps are available from the same user.

Don't mean to boast but I am writing this on my iPod touch sweet

Cheers

Knobby

Really have hijacked it now.. Oops...

DSC00017.jpg

DSC00015.jpg

DSC00016.jpg

im jealous but not of the price tag they are going for like £300 on ebay,and if the kate nash album comes with it i definately wont buy one.lol

Nah i wouldnt pay the price tag either, but one of my customers brought me one ;)

Want to get it in the S3, trying to find out how..

i wish i had customers that bought me stuff,all i get is moany truck drivers complaining about broken parts on their trucks.mind you i did get a four pack of beer last xmas for changing a headlamp bulb on the quiet.:think: