Castle Combe 13 Oct

corradoman

Reaction score
Anyone going to the Audi Driver International day on 13 oct? Looks like a good day out! 242 miles for me though so would have to find a hotel for the night, Has anyone else stayed around there..

Because there are likely to be very few traders there and not that many cars or clubs (when compared to something like GTi International which in itself is a shadow of it's former self - but that's another argument). The event is primarily a track day with a bit of a car show tacked on the side. If you go along with that in mind then you'll be fine. If you are expecting a massive Audi fest then based upon previous years, I think you'll be disappointed - especially if you are travelling a long way and having to stay over.

I was at the Autometrix day at Combe back in August - open to all VAG cars - I was out on track in the Ibiza. It was really quiet then too.

I have to come a similar distance and was going to just drive up early in the morning...if its generally a quiet event then this might have put me off a bit??? Is there not much really to see then???:confused:

I'm going to see an Audi R8 on the track, not going to see one being driven properly anywhere else, if I'm lucky, I'll probable give it a run for it's money on the track also haha. :racer:

I'll still be there!
Tell me another AUDI ONLY show on the calendar?
Ok, it may be quiet, but its the turnout that makes a show. if we all think "sod it, i aint going" then its never gonna be a good one!

In For a penny in for a pound! appreciate its a long way but what else would i be doin on a saturday! can you pay to use the track when you get there?

I may pop allong to this, went to Rally Day when I had my Rallye and that was good, obv be alot quieter but will bear it in mind

corradoman said:
In For a penny in for a pound! appreciate its a long way but what else would i be doin on a saturday! can you pay to use the track when you get there?
would of thought the organisers would be allowing payment on the day
I haven't been before so am looking forward to seeing a different track and meeting and seeing other audi drivers off here

corradoman said:

Yes you can, you either book a complete morning or afternoon session, or an individual session, each session is around 15-20minute intervals.

I also see if i can get down...

jojo did you pm me if yes did not get message