Missfire!

Jampublic

Taking it easy..
Reaction score
Just got back form a weekend away and come home go for a drive, then I get a flashing engine management light over 40mph and massive hestitation or missfire! :(

Anyone?

Could be a thought, what other symptons am I looking to indicate coil packs? Would the engine management light flash when the coil pack or packs fail? Will have a look with VAG.COM this morning and see what faults have been threwn up!

Mine did, the management light flashed and it was impossible to get over about 25mph. The car felt very ill indeed, but new coil packs fixed it.

Ok sounds like my issue!

Any symptons I should look for, I just got the VAG.COM out! I guessing if it is coil packs I will be getting a missfire on one or more cylinders depending on which one or ones have failed!

Yeah missfire on cylinders should show on VAG.COM. I got flashing CEL too. I also noticed the strong smell of petrol and sulphur. Obviously just not getting burnt off in the cylinders.

yep got a missfire on cylinder 3 and getting the strong smell too!

Off to Audi to get a coil pack! :)

Thank god

Well new coil pack is in, my baby is running nice and smooth! Just going to have some dinner, then off for a drive just to check he he! ;)

All sorted within 24 hours, no bad if I may say so!

Cheers all! :)