1.9TDi Sport lacking power

wilsy1964

Reaction score
Hi All

I have a problem on my 2001 1.9TDi Sport 110 which i need some advice on please. Recently i have been losing power when either cruising or accelerating. pushing the accelerator doesnt make the car accelerate, in fact it almost seems to slow down a little. The problem clears after anywhere between a few seconds and a minute or so. Also the idling now appears to be slightly rougher than it was before. The problem isnt evident from cold, only when the engine has warmed a little.
It had one new MAF fairly early in its life at approx 15k, but has now covered approx 90k

Any ideas please

thanks
Shaun

wilsy1964 said:
Hi All

It had one new MAF fairly early in its life at approx 15k, but has now covered approx 90k

Any ideas please

thanks
Shaun

I recommend a new MAF mate, you could try driving it with the current MAF unplugged, and see if half the power is returned, then you will know for sure.

Problem fixed !!!!

Well a trip to Maplins, and purchasing some contact cleaner didnt work, but in taking the engine cover off i noticed 2 things. one of the small air pipes had worn through leaving a small nick in the pipe, and the main air cleaner pipe had started to come adrift. Both of these have been rectified, and i'm relieved i didnt have to spend £200 on a new Maf

The link posted for cleaning the Maf was very good, so i avoided causing any further problems to it

Excellent site and advice, and i will no doubt be back if i run into problems again

thanks
Shaun