Sat Nav/TV in S3

S3MHT

Remap Do I or Don't I???????
Reaction score
Hi, I want to install a oem sat nav system in my S3, there are a number of threads but each one say's different things!

I currently have a symphony 2, so the air con unit is in the right place and i have enough space as the symphony 2 is the same size as the sat nav unit,

Can someone list exactly what I need to install it, and if possible where to get them and prices.

I have vag com so I can do that side of the installation.

Thanks

steve1975l said:
RNS-D or RNS-E?

Ebay for both.

Which is the one that will fit straight in??? (as in no need to trim down etc..)

The old CD based RNS-D for 8L will fit in, very rare though and probably will cost as much as the RNS-E.

Right ok, so what would I have to do to get the RNS-E to fit in? As i said I have already got the right space for it!

ok nice one, Where needs to be trimmed the sides or the top?? also what do you trim it with without it looking tacky?

Will I need any other special cables or will it go straight in, also do I need anything else to get the TV working? (not sure if the tuner is built in or not)

Trim the sides with a dremel or a plane and then a file or some wet and dry. Send me a PM with your e-mail address as I have something of interest.

You would need a TV tuner if that is what you want although I doubt the reception would be great. Stick to a PS2 and you get a games console and a DVD player and cheap enough now.

Cheers steve, already got a slimline ps2 that never get touched anymore so would cost me nothing :)

Sounds like a good idea I never used mine either now it sits in my car.

I have sent you a mail, all I ask in return is some feedback.