Bumper removal

jay3

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to remove the A3 front bumper? Also need to find a replacement has anyone got any idea as to cost and where i could get it painted up in the oxford area?

Thanks for any help

[ QUOTE ]
jay3 said:
Does anyone know how to remove the A3 front bumper? Also need to find a replacement has anyone got any idea as to cost and where i could get it painted up in the oxford area?

Thanks for any help

[/ QUOTE ]

The s3-tuning RS4 look is the one that I love /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif :

a3_fs1g.jpg

At the current exchange rate it is about £215.

[ QUOTE ]
jay3 said:

Thanks for any help

[/ QUOTE ]

HI mate,

The bumper is pretty straightforward to remove.

Firstly, take of the 2 front wheels, and remove all the screws at the front of the wheel arch which holds the lining to the body/bumper. Open the bonnet, and you will see 4 black circles with small holes in the middle along the front edge which hold the top of the bumper to the body... Push the centre of these straight through and then pull out the big black circles (push rivets). Now under the bumper there are 2 screws holding it in place from the underside. Remove these.

pull the bumper outwards from the wheel arches as if you are stretching it apart, and then pull if forward and it should come off the car with ease!

Any problems, let me know.

For S3 bumpers, as Phill said, www.s3-tuning.de are VERY nice and not that expensive. Shipping is around the €70 mark from front and rear bumpers which is very good.

There are alot of kits available but beware of the quality as some really are sh1t.

For spraying in oxford, theres a place in farmoor behind teh garage.. Chris Watts repair or something, and they should give you a good deal!

Cheers

Rich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Excellent guys thanks very much!

I do like the RS4 style bumper but i think i just want to keep it standard as am planning on selling soon and moving up to the S!!

Have checked eurocarparts and they do a genuine part for about £150 and a replacement for a lot less, what will the quality be like on this? Also waiting on a quote from VAG parts.

[ QUOTE ]
phall said:
[ QUOTE ]
jay3 said:

Thanks for any help

[/ QUOTE ]

The s3-tuning RS4 look is the one that I love /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif :

a3_fs1g.jpg

At the current exchange rate it is about £215.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, looks very nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif