Brake failed

kenny15

Reaction score
My brakes on my A3 1.8TSport failed today,nearly had brown underwear after i stop the car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif ,just aswell i was driving up a hill or i could have crashed it.
Having checked out the car i found there is a hole on the brake hose that beside the rear axes .
Please could somebody with etka give me the part code for the brake hole and if possible a picture as well.

cheer Kenny

I'll see what I can finds for you. It is a bit strange since the brakes should have a diagonal system that even if one side is out, the other side should still work unless it is the master cylnder seals.

have checked under the car ,saw where the leak is , i had the rear bushes done about a year ago so i think they must have bent a bracket to get the bushes out cause it to rub a hole in the hose,thank khufu for the help,have you update your site with any new stuff for downloading.

Cheer kenny

No new downloads - that said, I've only a 50meg homepage and its full so need to find some more space if I do. The part seems to be 6X0 611 775, I think it is the same for all models. I seem to have lost the ability to print to PDF file at the moment, maybe Gambba can help you out there. We will need to get your version of ETKA working soon! Here is a picture of my latest project. Still not sure if I can make it work but I've got this far with a bit of rewiring and hopefully I have a plan so cunning you could put a tail on it an call it a fox to get round the immobiliser problem.

i have recently been into my audi dealer enquiring about servicing costs etc. and the informed me that there is a recall on my car (A3 1.8T) Its regarding the rear brake lines, apparently a few have failed on them and they are replacing them when the affected cars are in for next servicing (not contacting customer) I am not sure exactly which pipe it is but its worth a try.

[ QUOTE ]
kenny15 said:
Please could somebody with etka give me the part code for the brake hole and if possible a picture as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kenny I'm not sure Audi sell the holes seperately and think you may need a complete hose /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif

The below is taken from a '99 FWD A3

when to a vw dealer and got them to check if it the same as golf 1.8t ,they said it was so it cost me £14.10 and another £30 fix at a garage at the bottom of the street
So i cann`t drive it unstill thursday

My car (98' 1.8T) went to stealers a wee while ago and they fixed the brakes aswell free of charge as a safety recall 47J4.just as Strider said worth a visit if it aint gonna cost anything.

off thread;

khufu i notice on your dash it displays the door open is this standard on A3's cos mine doesnt have this feature?

thats an S3 dash .. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif and from reading on Khufu's site hes got an A3 sport.. but I suspect its standard on the S3 and Khufu is trying to fit this to his A3.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I just checked the AA website and that only listed 7 recalls, and the only brake-related one was about ABS.. where can I find details of all the recalls for the A3 ?
Thanks.

I think the recall is quite a recent one cos they didnt mention anything at last service (may03) it's possible that AA have not updated their list?
As to where you can details of recalls, i dont know. If i wasn't using Audi for servicing i would never have known about this brake line recall. Nothing on audi site.

I just called my local Audi dealer and asked about brake recalls and he said he hadn't heard of this at all. That doesn't tell us it's not an issue of course.

Interesting thing was he said I needed to book the car in to get something done on mine! "The brake vacuum hose under the bonnet" were his words. Guess I'd better do that then!

I had the same thing. Picked the car up after the service with a vague mention of "we did some warranty work on the brakes".

Mind you I was quite impressed given that it was the 100k service and the car was 6 years old. Almost worth paying for dealer servicing.

I'm booked in for the 26th, but I REALLY don't want to take it in for even a minor job like this - I might even ask them how long it will take and sit and wait for them to do it, waiving the wash and wax, etc. I just want to stay away from the place.

If it's a hose replacement then I would hope it's no more than a 20 minute job? Anyone know any more details about this "brake vacuum hose recall" ?

I called a different local Audi place and asked them to check my reg as well - got the same answer that a "brake vacuum hose" needs replacing. He couldn't tell me the date of the recall itself. I have made a note to call Audi again in a year's time to ask about any more recalls, since I got nothing in the post and I don't trust Audi to always send these things out. If I hadn't happened to have checked, I wouldn't have known about this brake vacuum hose thing. The guy said it was a "very quick job" though.