DV fitting

S3_MCD

Reaction score
got my DV through the post from AmD (next day, clips and post - £65+vat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )
Never fitted one before, pleased to say looks easy enough....that said I have a question.
It has come with a choice of 2 ?pipes? to screw into the top, different ID and OD.
I have a '02 225 ( pre oneclick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif ) does anybody know which i should use, and why there is a choice?

cheers.

SMALL ONE BUT CHECK ON YOUR DV AFTER YOU REMOVE ONLY TAKES ABOUT 15 MINS TO CHANGE.

small one.

leave the audi clip on the top pipe and it will slide over and onto the plastic hose tail a treat.

Engine cover off, is easiest way to get to them.

The pain in the rear end about changing the original DV, is the original hose clamps from factory. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

Apart from that, very easy!

I have put one an all of them but the top hose (smallest one) as it was a really tight fit with the AMD Viper DV......there was one with the original DV but.

agreed with mike, clips on all 3 hoses.
i took pauls advice on the top hose and just pulled it off the Bosch unit .... snugly fits over the AmD pipe with no problems so far.

[ QUOTE ]
Woody_S3 said:
Will fitting a Viper DV invalidate your warranty?

[/ QUOTE ]

Technically yes. However most Audi stealers don't care unless it is the main cause of a fault they are repairing under warranty.