Audi TT vs Audi S3...which is a better buy?

Tekin

Reaction score
Hi to all,

I'm new to this site, i've created this account to mainly do some research on audi's as im looking to buy one soon but not sure on which one between the TT & the S3.

Seems like the 225 TT is better value than the 225 S3? What do you guys reckon?

Any advice is welcome thanks.

T

Two different cars but the same underpinning.

Had the same dilema when choosing, came down to two things:

1. The A Pillar in the TT ****** me off something chronic
2. The White Needles in the S3 did it for me.

Reactions: Perplexer
It is a bit of a dilema isnt it! Well i was thinking that with the TT you get more of a sports car feel low to the floor couped up etc and i think with a High spec TT would cost the same as a low spec S3.

Re jeffers99 - LOL about your mrs

I bought the S3 as I felt it had a 'Q' factor about it and there were less around...and i'm not a haridresser ;)

The boot space is also handy.

Mine came down to - Do I wear pink t shirts and have spikey hair.....No.

and the S3 is a little less common than the TT but I do like the note the exhausts make on the TT

Reactions: Tj 0785
Yup thats right the S3 does have the X factor and its very rare,i never see them on road.

Aky - LOL LMAO

not sure why you'd think the tt is better money for value?

From what i've heard/read the S3 has better handling, it has more room for passangers, has better seats imo. Plus i never liked the TT so my view is onesided anyway.

Some people think the A3/S3 looks a bit dated where as the TT has aged well.

They both have their pros and cons i just thought it works out cheaper if you buy the TT minus the seat space a disadvantage. Your very right that they look dated but i prefer the more bubbely look rather than the 2007 version of the s3!

i have lots of love for the Audi S3 but i feel that it looks a lil backdated now.

me im looking to get the ADUI QUATTRO SPORT 240BHP maybe a bit of a hairdresser car but i want 2 get girls dudes and dnt feel 2001 model s3 can do that

Same applys to the old TT, if a 2007 TT pulls up to you at the lights you'll look like a plum and you'll lose your fanny beside you! If you only care about girls.

S3 only boys know abt s3 2 a girl its just a normal A3 (3K CAR)

POINT IS YOU NO A TT DNT COST 3K

GET ME FANNY BOY

I hear what your saying! But in my case im getting the car for myself and not for anyone else! If you get a plain black s3 it may look like a normal s3, whereas a silver one wont as all the extra details or noticable!

where you gonna put the 'fanny'? you can get get 4 'fannys' in an S3

also when you're not 'fannying' about, where are you're mates going to sit? The S3 is more practical, cheaper to insure, understated, and lighter. If you're going to buy a 2 seater, then buy a 1998 porsche boxter, they are very cheap now and girls will think you've got a 40k car!..... but to everyone else you'll look like a hairdresser

Ask this very same question on the TTfoum, and I bet you, you will get a different view and opinion lol.
When you say value Tekin, I'm thinking you are on about like for like, so S3 vs. 225TT right? In which case, I'm pretty sure the TT cost more than the S3 brand new, and even today, it still has a residual value which is better than the S3, even though the numbers of them on the road is loads compared to the S3.
Practicality, the S3 is only a bit better than the TT, but you can get three in the back at a squeeze, which you havn't a chance in hell in the TT. Looks is a personal thing, I have an S3, so obviously my S3 looks better, in my opinion.
Out on the road I would say there are pretty much identical in performance and ability, but you sit slightly lower(more sporty?) in the TT.

I had a TT to start with.. had it more for the looks than anything else with 19s etc etc.. but sold it to buy an S3 for 2 reasons.. Room and the A pillar got on my nerves.. If i had to chose it would have to be the s3.. not as common..

I was going to get a TT but the fact I could'nt carry a few mates about swayed me to the S3.

RE: JOJO - As a matter of fact i did ask this question in the TT forum and the General forum at the same time i posted this...neither of the other two have got back...im guessing the TT owners are too busy to be online probally cutting hair or something.

I would say your right in your opinions i would also like to add that the s3 is the top of the range in the a3 model and the 225 tt isnt as theres higher models i.e quatrro sport and the DSG.

I think as an all rounder the s3 will suite my as its not as popular, wont get called a hair dresser, can fit more people in the back, equal speed s3 might have a slight speed advantage if its lighter hmmm what else the only thing you wont get is that sports coupe feel which i do like.

PAT - I know this may sound like a silly question but what was so annoying aboiut the A pillar in the TT?

Funky_Junky said:
The boot space is also handy.
Are you kidding,the boot on an S3 is crap.
I would still take an S3 over a TT,more of a manly car IMO.

Pretty much the same car with different bodies.

I chose S3 for practicality. I can fold the seats down and get quite a bit in the back.

Exclusivity is a bonus too i guess.

TT's were also a few grand more than S3's when i bought my 2001 a few years back.

Reactions: Essexman
Another thing. I always wanted an S3 since I was about 16-17. The TT didn't have the same effect

james0808 said:
Are you kidding,the boot on an S3 is crap.
I would still take an S3 over a TT,more of a manly car IMO.

No I'm perfectly serious, I can get a suitcase, 2 carry-all bags and some golf clubs in mine with some careful planning. With the seats down I've had a flat-pack, king size double bed from Ikea in there. Recently I had to help a mate who drives a TT lug some 17" rims back from a wheel shop as he'd just purchased some new 18's, he got one wheel in his boot, I dropped the split 60 seat and got three in mine whilst carrying a passenger.

I'm not saying is got RS6 load capacity but it's fuck1n massive next to a TT's.

the TT is a shorter wheelbase than the S3. The S3 and R32 are the same wheelbase.

I felt small sat in the TT the doors seem so high (and Im 6ft 3)., S3 seats do feel a bit high and mighty but better all round package imo

Reactions: Perplexer
Funky_Junky said:
I'm not saying is got RS6 load capacity but it's fuck1n massive next to a TT's.
True.I could only just get the pushchair in the boot and then it was nearly full.

I had a yellow company TT 225 and it was a fun car, but S3 is a better choice far more practical and in black it is faster! :)

If you check on Parkers the residuals for an S3 are better than a TT.

For the same age the S3 is apparently more of your dosh.

audiTT.jpg

Don't diss Noddy.

That said I would be tempted by the TT Sport 240hp.

I think you have to go out and drive the hell out of both to make sure you are more comfortable with one or the other. Then think for a minute or two which one YOU could live with. Bottom line for me was the A pillar and the needles; strange but true.

Either way you'll have the same car just a different shell.

Jampublic said:
I had a yellow company TT 225 and it was a fun car, but S3 is a better choice far more practical and in black it is faster! :)

yellow TT:puke2: