STOLEN MIRRORS ON EBAY????

S3GEEZER

Reaction score
HI FOLKS THIS IS MY FIRST POST AND I AM WRITING TO SAY I HAD MY CHROME MIRRORS STOLEN OF MY S3 A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO AND I THINK SOMEONE IS SELLING STOLEN MIRRORS ON EBAY. THEY ARE SAYING THAT THEY ARE OF SCRAP CARS BUT THEY HAVE SOLD ABOUT SIX PAIRS IN THE LAST FEW MONTHS.THEY ALSO SELL AUDI AND PORSCHE WHEEL CENTRE CAPS ANOTHER EASY THING TO STEAL. I JUST WANTED TO WARN PEOPLE TO BE VIGILANT AND WARY OF WHERE THEY PARK AS MINE WERE STOLEN AT 8PM IN THE DAYLIGHT. ALSO I HAVE TO WAIT 4 TO 6 WEEKS FOR MY DRIVERS SIDE ONE AS THERE ARE NONE LEFT IN THE COUNTRY!!!!!:mad:

I know it a bit of a C U N T but why not buy them back off them? Turn up wi no money and leg it with the goods

Aky said:
I know it a bit of a C U N T but why not buy them back off them? Turn up wi no money and leg it with the goods
Nice idea, but they know where he leaves his car...

To be honest the metal mirrors sound like they are more trouble than they are worth. Glad I've got colour coded ones on mine.

A couple of gents had a go at mine again last Monday at about 11pm, both where Asian, ~6' tall, one with a shaven head, the other spiked up hair.
They were in a silver Mini (new shape).
I've got a feeling I saw them hanging around in the street the day before in a silver convertible 3 series and a black Mercedes so keep your eyes out.

Aluminium mirrors can be a hassle to own, but are relatively easy to secure to the car.

No one has suggeted calling the Police? Would this not be a better idea, the fools get locked up and you get your wing mirrors back.

Just looked at the guys feedback, sorry but there is no way anyone who have access to that many used caps, all the parts he is selling are stealable.

Sounds like the wing mirrors have serial numbers and date stamps too.. If you think yours have already been sold him his auction why not contact the buyer to see what the serial numbers are and then contact Audi to see if you can tie them up with your car!

Go get them b4st4rds...

Try and work out how to put 10,000 volts through them when the car is alarmed. Could be good for a laugh

steve1975l said:
I suggest engraving them with the reg.

I am looking at getting mine engraved. Its just where to do it - it needs to be visible as a deterent but not spoil the looks too much.

Stolen or not lots of people have bid on them (sale and demand) if no one buys them ,then there is no point in stealing them.
70% of the stuff for sale on that site is suspect but we all like a bargain,just hope mine dont go walkies like a few others have already from 8P models

Unfortunately the people who try to steal these are too stupid to realise the etched number plate makes them difficult to sell on!

knobby said:
No one has suggeted calling the Police? Would this not be a better idea, the fools get locked up and you get your wing mirrors back.
I doubt the police would be interested.

Sorry to hear about your loss mate.

Been there myself.

And although i have replacements i've yet to fit them over a year on as i can't be ***** with the hassle of worrying where i park my car. I just have crappy looking £20 units. :(

The police do engraving, you'd probably have to take the mirrors off first. They did the postcode engraving on my bike so I dont see why they wouldnt on the mirrors.

Had the very same thing recently.... (and in Herts too) http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=44336

I had a quick look at this earlier when the eBay ID was salvageukltd, now he's made his feedback private and changed his name to germanimporters!

You can still search completed items and see all the dodgy stuff they are selling, not being funny if they were a geniune breakers they wouldnt just sell stuff you can nick from the outside of a car!

Have reported it to the police, will be getting a call back from them tomorrow to progress this. If it's not that seller they will have nothing to hide, just seems odd after the link was posted they account got changed and they made the feedback private....

PVO_Dave said:
Have reported it to the police, will be getting a call back from them tomorrow to progress this. If it's not that seller they will have nothing to hide, just seems odd after the link was posted they account got changed and they made the feedback private....
Does seem strange the thieving c*nts.

I had the valve caps stolen from my car. People seem to steal anything nowadays! With the wing mirrors being as expensive as they are I'd be inclined to engrave your number plate and/or postcode on the underside as they will be difficult to sell on then and wont ruin the look of them from most angles! Funny it offers checks for the wing mirrors though, would audi be able to verify anything about the wing mirrors? Car VIN? Address?

james0808 said:

hes obviously a member on here if his feedback suddenly went private?

Ive caught 2 people checking out my mirrors recently too(i live close to you S3GEEZER) Just thinking if they got pinched it would be more then just mirrors to replace? do they not damage anything else on the car like the mounting bracket or wiring? gota be honest ive been jumpy at night since i put the genuine s3 mirrors on!

Hes done a runner surely.. Check ebay... No items for sale, and i swear his username was different earlier in the week.

knobby said:
Hes done a runner surely.. Check ebay... No items for sale, and i swear his username was different earlier in the week.

User ID Effective Date End Date

germanimporters 27-Sep-07 Present

uksalvageltd 21-Aug-07 27-Sep-07

shuman2007 04-Jan-07 21-Aug-07

j4g3d said:
hes obviously a member on here if his feedback suddenly went private?

Ive caught 2 people checking out my mirrors recently too(i live close to you S3GEEZER) Just thinking if they got pinched it would be more then just mirrors to replace? do they not damage anything else on the car like the mounting bracket or wiring? gota be honest ive been jumpy at night since i put the genuine s3 mirrors on!

Id say that would probably be true... some people may put the village or more detailed area in the location section! Easy pickings!

I live even closer to you and as you can see from the posts above had mine done! They damaged the drivers door, and the mirror wirring loom!

TheSpaceCowboy said:
With the wing mirrors being as expensive as they are I'd be inclined to engrave your number plate and/or postcode on the underside as they will be difficult to sell on then and wont ruin the look of them from most angles! Funny it offers checks for the wing mirrors though, would audi be able to verify anything about the wing mirrors? Car VIN? Address?
I wouldn't put your postcode on,what about if you move or sell your car?