AIRBAG light come on! arrghh

cawood

Reaction score
airbag light has come on on me 1.8T quattro

what do i do?

do i need to take to to audi n pay there extortionate prices or is there a simple fix?

what could have caused it to just come on n stay on?

also my mates brothers got one of those proper audi fault dignostic machines as he used to work for them, would it be worth me borrowing that n linking it up? what sort of stuff do they do?

cheers lads:icon_thumright:

Hi,
If you have access to diagnostic equipment, then i'd use it, If you connect to the airbag controller - it will detail the fault.

These controllers are susceptable to damage through vibration or it could be as simple as a seat connection loose.

good luck

My first place to look at would be the airbag connections under the seat, undo you car battery first, then just undo the airbag connectors, spray some electrical contact cleaner or WD40 on them and re-connect. Now you will need a diagnostic tol of some sort, usually vagcom, to reset the airbag light.
This is the most likely cause, as both my S3 and Passat have had the same problem in the last year, and both cars are 7 and 8 years old respectively.

nice one cheers lads

i will check the cables under the seat out:icon_thumright: n i reckon i can get hold of one of those diagnostic tools!

shineydave, already checked out mate

:thumbsup: