Bigger Turbo

StephenBogan

Reaction score
Does anyone know what I need to go with a bigger turbo? I have looked at a few conversions and they seem to include, bigger Garret Turbo (GT Roller Bearing), hi-flow cats, remap, exhast, bigger injectors and a modified manifold. Also, prices and where to get them on a supply only basis.
My car is currently APR chipped. Would this chip be ok, or would it need remapped again.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

[ QUOTE ]
ScotSTHREE said:
Does anyone know what I need to go with a bigger turbo? I have looked at a few conversions and they seem to include, bigger Garret Turbo (GT Roller Bearing), hi-flow cats, remap, exhast, bigger injectors and a modified manifold. Also, prices and where to get them on a supply only basis.
My car is currently APR chipped. Would this chip be ok, or would it need remapped again.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

[/ QUOTE ]

Well AmD will sell you their big turbo kit supply only, but you would HAVE to get it remapped!

Rich

It depends on the size of the new turbo, but you may need to get a 4 bar fuel regulator aswell.

As Rich said, to get the most out of the bigger turbo you will have to get a remap! Otherwise it will not make use of the extra potential.

see all you guys that keep upgrading your turbo parts, can you plz start a "help Khufu get a turbo for his car fund", I can then have all your old parts you dont need anymore /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[ QUOTE ]
phall said:
It depends on the size of the new turbo, but you may need to get a 4 bar fuel regulator aswell.

As Rich said, to get the most out of the bigger turbo you will have to get a remap! Otherwise it will not make use of the extra potential.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if its a big turbo kit then you wont need to change it cos it will be part of the kit. Big turbo kit requires new injectors as the stabdard ones wont deliver enough fuel.

After a huge change like that i would never drive the car until it is mapped properly!!!! Risk doing some SERIOUS damage. getting it remapped is NOT optional!

Rich

Well thanks for the advice folks, didn't think the current maps would do. Was thinking of that new unichip, the one thats mapped to your exact mods/car. Heard anything??

[ QUOTE ]
ScotSTHREE said:
Well thanks for the advice folks, didn't think the current maps would do. Was thinking of that new unichip, the one thats mapped to your exact mods/car. Heard anything??

[/ QUOTE ]

Go with someone with a good reputation. Im not talking of someone like superchips... Someone like APR, AmD, MTM, oettinger .etc. They have been tuning these cars for a long time and really know what they are doing!

Rich