Bilstein PSS or H&R Bilstein combo

jomnhta

Reaction score
Hi all, my 02 S3 is currently running on Bilstein PSS (only ride height is adjustable) which comes with the car when I bought it. I found the rear is sitting too low even I adjust to the highest position (The fender still covers the tire a bit). Since I will have passengers sitting in my car from time to time and it will become very low when the car is loaded, I am thinking to switch back to the H&R and Bilstein B8 combo. I like the stiff and firm feeling from the PSS and I would like to know from people who tried both that will I lose that feeling if I "downgraded" it? Is the H&R combo softer than the PSS? Thanks.

not exactly the same but i have koni and H&R, TBH i think the fronts sit ok but the rear is a little to high in comparison to the front

Ive got the Koni and Eibach combo. Had 15 boxs of wooden flooring in it the other day and no issues at all with rubbing and that was taking the back roads home too. Dunno if this helps?? Sits pretty much flat when there is nothing in it

How is the ride though? Comparing between the Bilstein PSS and the Koni H&R combo?

Investigate buying longer springs for your coilovers.

Not sure how it compares to the other combo's but as it is just now the ride is fantastic. Doesnt feel harsh at all unless u hit a really big hole in the road. Which up in Aberdeen we have loads of!! I was advised by Star Performance to go with this set up over the Bilstein/H+R combo. Think the price is very similair

leecs3 said:
Investigate buying longer springs for your coilovers.

Any suggestion? What other spring can I use with the PSS?

As I am still looking for new suspension, I am wondering if there is anyone in the forum who installed the PSS9 has rear springs that looks normal but not fully compressed.