does anyone have the LOUD miltec exhaust?

Ed, mine is the quiet one and its bordering on too loud for the track..

99db I think for some tracks, 104db for the likes of Donington and Thruxton etc.

With the induction noise, Its proper loud.

i have the quite one but it's not really loud! im just thinking if i dont sell up maybe chage for the louder exhaust?!!

Dave is de-cat too, down side it sinks the place out!

So is the car going or staying Ed?

Yeah I do

DSC00743a_1165391919.jpg

Ed is 21 years old and wants an Evo, I believe is mate has a Scoobie! So I guess he feels like he is lacking some volume for his 360bhp S3! Dave B's S3 is chav tastic, oh sorry typo! Dave's A3 is chav tastic, chav-tastic is the new black! ;)

fingermouse said:
"does anyone have the LOUD miltec exhaust?"

does anyone want a chavvy loud exhaust ???????
untitled-2.jpg

me fine with one innit

Dave, i dont mean to be rude in any way at all, but your car really isnt that loud AT ALL, and its nowhere near the noise limit for the track i would be sure.

My mini was recorded at 99.9 dB at combe, at 4500rpm, and thats EXTREMELY loud. literally, 5-6 times louder than your A3 could ever be.

i know the induction noise is fairly loud, but its still nowhere near that of the scooby brigade. i wouldnt think you would have any problems at any track anywhere in the country.

to add to that:

edd, ive got a full milltek turbo back, with no centre section on my A3, so the 'loud' system, and to be honest, its a little loud for my liking, although im trying to fit in with joe public, and not stand out anymore. apparently, my mates say its pretty noisey, although still nowhere near the sound of the mini (which can be heard from 2 miles away-proved).

If you want a bit more sound, go for it, get the non resonated centre section and see if its nicer :)

bitch ;-)

Actually, since my new rear silencer, its very quiet in comparison.

Speaking of, I wonder if there is a market for Milltek tailpipes....

mine supposedly loud but i think its just right only cat back but pop and gurgles nicely. with a nice big downpipe and no cats i would say it would do it more.

Jampublic said:
Dave is de-cat too, down side it sinks the place out!

So is the car going or staying Ed?

Still not sure! i really love the s3 its so nice to drive and relaxing but fun at the same time! I wont know till i drive something else really! i can see a loud evo etc really ******* me off after a while!

Ed - I have a DeCat and it went through the MOT fine on Saturday.

I'll have to explain how in person....

I didnt find any noise increase when fitting the downpipe and decat, but I did notice a massive drop in torque, you 'may' need it remapping after...

i have the louder miltek ed its not too loud, if i could go louder or quieter id go louder to be honest, daz

I'd second that ed, and you would have to refit them for your mot,

s3 system is totally different to a3 18t. My miltek on my k03s golf is like the a3 one, and its horribly boomy with the centre silencer in place even.
My s3 HAD the centre box, it was super quiet, but it caught on the propshaft in very wet conditions, so off it came and I now have the rear box only.
With the IHI like yours has Ed, mine sounds lovely, really crisp and a bit roorty when hoofing it, but absolutely whisper quiet on the cruise. its perfect and I would recommend it with your conversion wholeheartedly.