JMB RetrofitsMonster Motorsport
    Reverse Gear

Status

Unhappy STOLEN: Revo'd, Avus Silver 2001 S3 - Y52 NLP

Hi all,

Just joined, mainly to spread the word that my 2001 Revo'd Avus Silver S3 was stolen last Thursday morning

{/cry}
    Yes, in the wee-small hours of Thursday morning from our home in Wheathampstead, Hertfordshire. They broke in to the house for the keys and were away.

Also took my partner's flame-red Astra VXR (KC56 OHN) at the same time.

Hope the feckers head-on into a motorway overbridge.

Cheers, Rik.

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Sorry to hear that, I had the same thing happen a few months ago in south east Kent. They broke in same way though the front door and stole 3 sets of carkeys along with my dads BMW and my mums Pug. Both cars were found dumped about a month later in south London somewhere. BMW needed a new engine after they ragged the s**t out of it and both needed a lot of respraying, insurance paid for it all eventually.

Good luck hope you get the cars back
    2001 Audi S3 - Facelift - Revo remap - Forge 007p DV - BMC Panel Filter- Type R Ariel - Aero wipers - n75j valve.

Aky
    Aky

Status
    Sorry to hear that mate- thought the S3 wouldn't be so much of a high risk vehicle being a few years old now. No doubt it will be stripped for bits or used in an armed robery

got boost

Status
    Gutted for you mate hope they find who done it and shame them..

jamo s3

Status
    they tried to get mine the same way , i woke up and heard a very loud banging went the window. and they was at the side of my house smashing the door down. i shouted from the window to find out what was happening, and two little pricks come round to the front and said were having your car and give us your ****ing keys now, i must admit i was worried because there was three of them, but all i did was stay up stairs. and phone the police. even though my car has blackjax on it i wasn,t giving them my keys they was up stairs with me and thats were they always are, they carried on banging at my door until they got in while i was on the phone to the police after a few minutes the police asked are they still there at which point the neighbour had come over and they had left, i told the police this and and they didn,t turn up for over a hour an a half.
    jamos3

Status
    I had some halfwit jemmy the window at the back of the house,the missus woke me up and I watched him run off the tosspot.Old bill were here in two minutes and pointed out the damage which I had failed to see also they dispatched sniffer dogs to chase them over fields but lost the scent,keys always upstairs and were alarmed to the hilt also have a 'shocking surprise' for anyone
    Hope you don't find your motor mate as it will be ragged

PS Nice first post

Aky
    Aky

Status

Brum brum

Status
    Sorry to hear what has happened. I had mine stolen 3 days after I bought it when they broke in during the day when I was at work. I was lucky to get it back after a couple of weeks.
    Jason
    2001 Nogaro S3 (daily driver)

1958 replica Porsche 356 Speedster (summer posing)
    1997 Seat Cordoba SX 16v (track day toy) replacing (t)rusty 1994 Seat Ibiza GTi RIP

3rd Gear

Status
    thing is u may not want it back, but if they find it and its repairable u have to have it back. Problem will be if you want to sell it on, it will have stolen and recovered in the history.
    2001 Audi S3 - Facelift - Revo remap - Forge 007p DV - BMC Panel Filter- Type R Ariel - Aero wipers - n75j valve.

3rd Gear

Status
    I'd rather mine was stolen than them keep vandalising it! I cant keep going to the insurance as its putting my premiums sky high, i've had 3 bodywork scratchs in the past 3 weeks!! I got back from work at 6am this morning and parked up to find some sort of yellow chalk on the passenger wheel arch, it mostly come off but there is a slight scratch on the paint were it was.

Vipor

Status
    Gutted for you, it's a horrible feeling to think that someone has invaded your privacy and had their greasy paws all over your stuff!! Hope it works out well for ya
    NM911

Currently: 2007 A4 Cab 1.8T S-line Phantom black +black leather, heated seats, 18" 5 spoke, lowered 10mm, xenons, Symphony + BOSE, rear accoustic, heated mirrors

Previously: 1998 Honda Civic 1.4i fusion
    1995 Nissan Micra 1.0 shape

Brum brum

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy
    thing is u may not want it back, but if they find it and its repairable u have to have it back. Problem will be if you want to sell it on, it will have stolen and recovered in the history.
    It won't necessarily be shown as stolen recovered. There is no record of my S3's disappearance - I checked both DVLA and HPI when I got it back.

I do agree, you have no idea whatsoever how the car has been driven. I saw mine before it was repaired and the cosmetic damage was minimal, but who knows what has happened under the skin. I've covered 30k miles in nearly 3.5 years since, and apart from a small oil leak from the rear diff due to a perished seal and a new clutch (more due to the remap than what happened when stolen), nothing has gone wrong.

The biggest issue I had was that they smoked in the car - and I can still smell it after all this time despite numerous cleans.
    Jason
    2001 Nogaro S3 (daily driver)

1958 replica Porsche 356 Speedster (summer posing)
    1997 Seat Cordoba SX 16v (track day toy) replacing (t)rusty 1994 Seat Ibiza GTi RIP