Just got my S3

NWMark

Reaction score
Website
none
After joining here about 6 months ago, always with the intention of getting an S3 at last i picked mine up today. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Audi.jpg

just thought id let yeah all know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mark

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

dolphin with silver leather?? if i get another S3, I want dolphin with silver, rstts, nav, sensors & roof!

Fully optioned please /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Whatever it is, it looks nice.... congrats!

And your on here posting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

You should be out driving it.

Enjoy it mate. I've always had a soft spot for that colour.

Congratulations! Your car looks stunning!

[ QUOTE ]
dolphin with silver leather?? if i get another S3, I want dolphin with silver, rstts, nav, sensors & roof!

[/ QUOTE ]

dolphin - check
Silver leather - check
rstt's - check
nav - no check
sensors - check
roof - check

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Mark

[ QUOTE ]
And your on here posting

You should be out driving it.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Congrats mate, no go and enjoy it

[/ QUOTE ]

As soon as i picked it up i topped the tank up with £20 of optimax and the DIS said i had 250 miles left in the tank 70 miles later it said i had 90 miles left hmmmmm......

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

Mark

varys on how you drive.taking it easy then........not /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

I went to Paris over the weekend, from Southend in Essex to Paris my S3 took 2.5 tanks of petrol, i was doing over 110mph all the way from Calais to Paris and the same on the way back. I also did a drive round paris the next day too, i was quite impressed with the fuel consumption.

Crusing at 115mph my DIS was showing 21.2mpg well impressed

Have done the same trip to Paris and back too a few times. The TTR (225) averaged 23mpg cruising at 120mph with the roof down (!!!!!)

My A6TDi averaged 31mpg at the same cruising speed. Much better!!! well, at least it was until I got stopped by the French plod..

.. .. "excuze me monsieur, but zu know ze uh, comment est-ce qu'on dit.. ze uh speed maximum iz one hundred zirty.. You, uh, drive plus two hundred kilometres.. you must pay one hundred fifty euros..."

I tried to get out of it by answering... "Or mmm tsee, or mmm sic gorng fart mun.. or mmm ming bark.. or mmm hi tsar gun gum fie.. or hi choong gwok yun... toong mai lay ho chow" (Loosely translated.... "I don't know, I don't know how to speak French, I wasn't driving that fast, I am Chinese, and you're very smelly!!")

Unfortunately they didn't believe I only spoke Chinese and not English.. Still got the fine!! Was worth the laugh though!!!!

Lucky - I heard recently that it will be possible to get points/ban on your UK license, if done for speeding in France /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
audi girl said:
Lucky - I heard recently that it will be possible to get points/ban on your UK license, if done for speeding in France /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yikes!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Well we were late for the ferry on the way back, and i was still doing 110mph when i spotted a BMW that was on our ferry the day before obviously he was late too going back the same day so i followed him, he was doing 120-130mph without a care in the world and i decided to match, next thing i see is a flashing blue light in the slow lane, there was a blue renault clio with two coppers in it basically warning us to slow down, i shat myself and crept in infront of them, the BMW didnt even see them in the first place and nailed it off still doing 130mph.......

That law cant have passed just yet, oh yeah they also have massive cameras in the central reservations, i only noticed these on the way home so i'm waiting to see if i get any tickets for the speed i was going on the way down there.

Which autoroute were you taking? I didn't see any cameras at all last time round (few weeks ago). Anyone know if the law has or is still to be passed? Don't want to get nailed for speeding!