Miles Per Tank Record

Kef9

Reaction score
Hi Guys.

I managed to get 460 miles out of a tank on a weekend break to Anglesey last weekend. Surely that must be some record.

Just used cruise control at 70 all the way there and all the way back plus driving around the island.

Quite an achievement and shows you what is possible with a light right foot. I reckon I could of got more but I drove to work and back 3 times once I got back (150 miles) in my usual fashion which didnt help.

You are all going to call me sad now for driving the car like a pussy :faint:

knobby said:
Result.. Most i've got is about 330...

Job done!

Pussy!

even thats better then what i get

i fill up about £25 a time and get 130ish miles

about the same mind you i was doing 80mph on cruise last christmas day coming back from parents... almost fell asleep it was so boring...

Driving Miss Daisy
Cruise control,parking sensors,auto box......*** get a chauffeur and be done with driving AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHH! why have a car!!!

I've done something similar - 445 miles with the range showing 60 miles to go before I filled up with 55 litres - . So there were 7 litres left in the tank - just over a gallon and a half so 60 mile range was probably pushing it, but I reckon 500 miles is possible. That was without cruise control in an MTM remapped S3 driving between 70 and 80mph.

voorhees said:
Driving Miss Daisy
Cruise control,parking sensors,auto box......*** get a chauffeur and be done with driving AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHH! why have a car!!!

have you been drinking :)

i get 500 motorway miles to a full tank just from keeping to 75 ish.
work travel is 500 miles per week but just bought i citroen zx diesel as i dont wanna be putting all those miles on S3 and al save £ now

Travelled to Cornwall from Nottingham recently and managed 37.8MPG at a steady 80MPH according to the trip computer.

Kef9 said:
Hi Guys.

I managed to get 460 miles out of a tank on a weekend break to Anglesey last weekend. Surely that must be some record.

Just used cruise control at 70 all the way there and all the way back plus driving around the island.

Quite an achievement and shows you what is possible with a light right foot. I reckon I could of got more but I drove to work and back 3 times once I got back (150 miles) in my usual fashion which didnt help.

You are all going to call me sad now for driving the car like a pussy :faint:
just been upto snowdonia and anglesey this past weekend - the A55 is far too tempting not to do over the limit down it, there's never any cars on it :)

using v-power driving normally ;) i get about 330 to a tank