are the a3 and a4 gauge clusters the same?

patrick swayze

Reaction score
mine is currently not functioning in my a3, and i was wondering if the a4 cluster is physically the same as the a3's

patrick swayze said:
mine is currently not functioning in my a3, and i was wondering if the a4 cluster is physically the same as the a3's

No they are not, can't remember what year your car is actually, but in the UK, to get a different dashpod to work in your car, you need togo to an Audi dealer to get it coded for it all to work, which is going to be a PITA in you part of the world, so good luck.

jojo said:
No they are not, can't remember what year your car is actually, but in the UK, to get a different dashpod to work in your car, you need togo to an Audi dealer to get it coded for it all to work, which is going to be a PITA in you part of the world, so good luck.

mine is a 2000, i found a place in the states that says they can repair the cluster i have, but my dash lighting also is out and i wanted to try an audi cluster if it would fit just to see if it would lite it all up.

last night i triedmy friends r32 cluster in it, just to see if it would cure the dash lighting issue, but it only accepted 2 out of the 3 plugs from the audi into the r32 cluster.

it worked enough to read the engine warkings and stuf onto the mfa in the cluster but it still didnt lite the dash.