Badger5Monster Motorsport
    Neutral

Status

are the a3 and a4 gauge clusters the same?

mine is currently not functioning in my a3, and i was wondering if the a4 cluster is physically the same as the a3's

2. # ADS
    ADS

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick swayze
    mine is currently not functioning in my a3, and i was wondering if the a4 cluster is physically the same as the a3's
    No they are not, can't remember what year your car is actually, but in the UK, to get a different dashpod to work in your car, you need togo to an Audi dealer to get it coded for it all to work, which is going to be a PITA in you part of the world, so good luck.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo
    No they are not, can't remember what year your car is actually, but in the UK, to get a different dashpod to work in your car, you need togo to an Audi dealer to get it coded for it all to work, which is going to be a PITA in you part of the world, so good luck.

mine is a 2000, i found a place in the states that says they can repair the cluster i have, but my dash lighting also is out and i wanted to try an audi cluster if it would fit just to see if it would lite it all up.

last night i triedmy friends r32 cluster in it, just to see if it would cure the dash lighting issue, but it only accepted 2 out of the 3 plugs from the audi into the r32 cluster.

it worked enough to read the engine warkings and stuf onto the mfa in the cluster but it still didnt lite the dash.