help.. odd noise from behind glove box.

cjhill

hmmmmm interesting.
Reaction score
Help.

On turning the ignition on i have a loud noise coming from behind the glove box, like three or four clicks.

what is it. should i be worried, is my car going to explode?

Thanks

theres an airbag behind there...dont wanna worry you but could be that....i think some air con gubbins is there as well....may be wrong but when i had mine off sure i seen something like air con pump thingys.
its only held on by 6 or so torks, u get at em by openin the door, like where the fuse pannel is on drivers side...think theres 3 more inside at the top. u might b able to track down the clicking.
HTH

it'll be the climate control motors and flaps that control where the airflow is directed.

thanks guys, ive just been fiddling with them, and yes its the air con flaps moving around. When i change the settings of the climate control it repeats the noise.

cheers

update....

i finally got round to investigating the noise.

It turns out to be a faulty motor that adjusts the flaps which control where the air comes from - inside the car or out.

What a pig to remove... but its out now and a new one is on the way. !

Hello mate, i am currently having the same problem with my A3, can you please let me klnow what part is needed (part number) etc.
need this done asap as it is very annoying

cheers

Don't think the OP is on here anymore as its nearly 5 years old