What are Audi customer services like to deal with?

V5Ade

Reaction score
I have had some fun trying to get VW customer services to sort a problem for me (see http://tinyurl.com/2wc8m ). I know lot of VW owner having huge problem with VW (just look at the Gti Anni wheel corosion problem!).

I was wondering if as Audi are part of the VAG group, are they just as poor?

I would like to hear your opinions, as I will influence on the purchase of my next car.

Ade

I think you'll find the consensus on here is that Audi Customer Service is an oxymoron, i.e. a contradiction of terms. I've dealt with both and found that VW were better to deal with. It seems the further down the food chain, the better the service. On that basis I'd try Skoda or Seat Customer Services, as they might actually know what the term means.

Wow! I was hoping that I was going to hear a glowing report on Audi. I wonder if it's just this country that puts up with such poor service?
My friends in the states rave about VW customer care over there.

I've had both and would say there's little difference between them.(they are the same company!)

But it does depends on what you're asking for.

They have equal power to resolve disputes with dealers over payment or workshop damage.

However Audi do have roadside technicians floating around who do actually have some power. Ie. when I had a battery fault 3 times in a week, the tech arranged for a hire car until mine was repaired. The dealer could offer nothing and only repair in 3-4 days time, it was all paid for by Audi Roadside/ Customer care. Leastways I was keep on the road until problem was sorted.

Generally the Audi dealerships are far superior to VW dealerships. Plus its a premium service rather than value, and based on lower volume of customers, so much greater chance of getting to know dealer staff. Just watch out for the ones who'll charge you the earth for the slightest hardship!

What we all forget whenever talking about dealers and customer services is that all of these dealers do not have anything to do directly with vw/audi etc they are just franchises.

They are separate private companies and most are run by greedy individuals who will do the minimum to keep within quidelines.

Just like any company, some are run better than others and some do care to a certain extent.

The management teams at VW / Audi are also at fault for not keeping a close and hard eye on the respective franchises.Just making sure that they are all painted the same colours and sell the same products does not constitute maintaining a dealer network.

My local Vw / Audi dealers could not give a damn about customer services. Anyone in the know around here would not dare let them touch any car let alone an Audi!

Audi's handling of the New A3 wiper issue has been a good example of how they are improving. I had a hire car within an hour of the original failure. When I asked for the hire car to be swapped for a different car it was done without any fuss. OK the car was off the road for three weeks but Audi are currently sorting out compensation for that.

Dealers are getting better too, it all takes time but they will all eventually give a high standard of service or they will go out of business. Having owned Audi's for 8 years I can say that the change has been noticeable throughout that period, more so in the last two years.

New EU law allows servicing to be carried out be anyone, if the main dealer is lousy someone else will do it better, cheaper, faster.

That's what I wanted to hear! I really would like to keep the VW and the Audi, but the VW customer service is so poor that I don't want to let them have my custom again. I have not yet had to deal with Audi, so I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

Franchise or not, the main dealer is representing Audi, and is usually the only point of contact with the customer. If you have a bad local main dealer it will hugely influence your next choice of vehicle.
If the dealers are doing a good job you shouldn't need Audi Customer Care.