Help - DIS Warning

vanilla_ice

Reaction score
Hi,

Have just been out in my car and whilst driving at reasonable speed I hit a small bump in the road. Immediiately (I don't think it was a coincidence) this warning light appeared on the DIS and I don't know what it means.

Nothing major I hope!

Can anyone please enlighten me?

Thanks,

ICE

Blimey not cheap!

I beleive the Mintex Extreme are about half IIRC, but have heard good things about the Ferodo's too.

I wonder which is more dust free? I hate cleaning my RS4's!!!

Cheers,

ICE

The fact that this happened immediately after hitting a bump in the road may simply mean that the connector has simply come off?

You might not actually need new pads after all. Just check the connection to the brake pad.

Just a thought.

it is a wheel of job to check the connector - it's only a thin bit of wire iirc and mine was front right

yep front passenger side.
when my light came on it was about 10k miles before i changed pads.

£40 from gsf and £6 for a g clamp from halfords

Now have another light coming on. Only in the mornings (since its got colder)

What does this one mean? Low coolant?

Cheers,

ICE

vanilla_ice said:
Now have another light coming on. Only in the mornings (since its got colder)

What does this one mean? Low coolant?

Cheers,

ICE

Yes, coolant low warning, it's quite sensitive on the S3, especially when parked on a slode of some sort in the morning, just add a bit of water in, but if it comes up again, it could be a small leak of some sort.

jojo said:
Yes, coolant low warning, it's quite sensitive on the S3, especially when parked on a slode of some sort in the morning, just add a bit of water in, but if it comes up again, it could be a small leak of some sort.

Thanks jojo, I will check levels ASAP. If I do have a leak, do you know if it is a known problem with the S3?

golf said:
Don't people read their Owners Manual any more?

Apparently not.

Cheers,

ICE

vanilla_ice said:
Thanks jojo, I will check levels ASAP. If I do have a leak, do you know if it is a known problem with the S3?

I had the light come up on cold mornings and topped up with water, but I did have a small leake somewhere in the system. It was only when I had the waterpump changed along with the cambelt did it become clear that the coolant was weeping through the seals of the pump itself, but it was very slow, I topped up maybe twice or three times a year. It's perfectly fine now though, with the new pump fitted.

Ok, have topped up with water - hardly any required?!?

I had my water pump replaced in Jan when I had my cam belt and belt tensioners replaced. I hope I don't have a leak!!

Thanks for coming back to me.

ICE

golf said:
Don't people read their Owners Manual any more?

that's waht I was thinking, they are all listed in there....