S3 M6 Toll 130+

chrisnic0

Reaction score
Quick story, was driving the gf to uni on sunday about 12pm on the M6 Toll southbound, in the left lane doing roughly 90mph, a car caught my eye in mirror by the time it looked up, an silver S3 passed me doing over 130mph easily, followed by what I think was an RX7. Was going silly fast, dont reckon it was anyone on here, just remembered so thought i would post it up.
Also does anyone else find the toll very easy to speed on, I regulary feel im going slow as X5s, Jags etc are all touching a ton
Chris

last time i was up the toll road, there was a four cop cars just picking people off for speeding!

But, yes, it is rather easy.

I used to regulary sit at a ton on the M6 toll without any problems, although I was passing through late at night so absolute minimal traffic and the road itself is extremely well built so no unexpected bumps.

seen cops on that 7 out of 11 times i've been on there, i think they're on to it for speeding.

I normally don't see any Police at all on that stretch, but always aware that they might be waiting for me!! A very nice section of road indeed! :)

130 is a silly speed for the middle of the day!

Cause the M6 toll is such an accident blackspot!!!
I don't think there's ever been so much as a minor accident on it ever.
Luckily I've never seen any cops on it, it should be unrestricted as it's effectively a private road surely?

I have heard they tried to get it de-restricted, but they failed! :(

i drove it coming back home from picking up my nice new shiney s3 an was just about to give the car a blast when the g/f spotted a police car just up the road. Was sitting in the left hand hadside with a speed gun out his window! That could of been licence gone within a few hours of owning the car! phew...

never seen and cops on there when ive been on, always thought they couldnt...seems as tho im wrong.
i got my top speed on there! wont b doin that again

Ahhh, the good old M6 Speedway. Will never do over a ton, asking for it. Does seem to be plagued by the X5/Jag/BMW drivers as correctly poined out.
Saw them a while back gunning from a bridge, and pulling the offenders at the booths, foolproof way of getting you, as theres no escape!!

mattfinn said:
Ahhh, the good old M6 Speedway. Will never do over a ton, asking for it. Does seem to be plagued by the X5/Jag/BMW drivers as correctly poined out.
Saw them a while back gunning from a bridge, and pulling the offenders at the booths, foolproof way of getting you, as theres no escape!!

Thanks for that information! :)